What's Your Favorite Commercial Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Langford

TVWBB Fan
Have y'all got a favorite bar-b-que sauce? A friend of mine from Memphis gave me a bottle of "Dancing Pigs" Original Sauce a while back. I've gotta tell ya, this stuff is killer! By the way, I've tried my hand at many homemade sauces, and I must admit that I prefer the commercial ones hands down. Do you agree?

I like Scotts BBQ sauce. I too am not really into the sweet stuff on brisket and pulled pork. Makes a great finishing sauce for pork!

Well apart from my own commercial sauces which are the best /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I love Famous Dave's they have a big selecton and the Big Bob Gibson's Habenero Red.

for what I can get off the shelf at about any store Stubbs is my favorite

Konrad, I'm going to have to hook up with you sometime...I think I need to try some of your sauces /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone with KC specific sauces? To me KC Masterpece is good for dippin, but leaves a little to be desired. Jack Stack is a little too thin, and low on flavor. Gates is popular, but I sort of prefer Zarda's sauces. I guess that would be my rundown of KC "comercial" sauces. Any feedback?

k

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
[qb] Pike Place market February 15th first contest of the year and one of the biggest /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I was planning on it /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'll vote for Big Bob Gibson's Championship Red Sauce. I like the different taste as compared to other sauces. Dreanland's BBQ Sauce is very thin and packs a bit of heat but when it is on their ribs it is a easy second.
---------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

I would have to agree with Mark. Gibson's Red Sauce is excellent, In fact when judging sauce at a contest last year I am almost postive that 4 of the 6 entries at my table were "doctored" versions of Gibson's sauce. I also like to use Cattleman's as a base and add a little more heat.

John

2 parts Montgomery Inn
1 part Willinghams orig.

After much experimentation this one is my favorite for ribs

BLUES HOG!!! Man, Bill Arnold has made some GOOD stuff there. Anytime I serve it, I have to tell guests how to go about ordering it. www.blueshog.com . It's sweet, with a heat that rises in the background and then suddenly ARRIVES. Kinda gives a "mmmmmm...whoa!" effect. I've even been known to drizzle a little on macaroni and cheese, much less meats. For beef, I cut it some with a juice or a little beef stock, because it IS a sweet sauce. Outstanding right out of the bottle on pork and chicken. And fried bologna sandwiches. And hamburgers. And meatloaf. And... well, you get my message. Ah, shoot, just give me a spoon and I'd probably eat it straight up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Second place is Head Country, out of Ponca City OK. My other half's favorite is their hot version.

Keri C, still smokin on Tulsa Time

I'll vote for Stubb's Spicy and Bone Suckin' Sauce. Mont'y Inn isn't bad either. I like their sauce, but not a huge fan of their ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back