What's on your menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me and several of my male friends, we are having a "stag" smoke day...the wives are all out of town shopping! Smoking a mess of ribs (St. Louis cut) and making Steve Rechland's "Best BBQ Beans on the Planet". Those beans are KILLER. I know one of our guys is doing smoked prime rib as well. We'll eat good!!!

Some friends coming over for dinz Saturday night - baby backs & brisket on the menu with all the fixins.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheldon Koehler:
Well, my plans have changed slightly. I am working Saturday, but we are having our Relay for Life parking lot sale. And I will be grilling hot dogs for donations! Sunday we will do our Smoke day celebration:

Pork butt
Butt can chicken
Ribs (?)
Grilled vegies and corn on the cob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for supporting the Relay for Life, we had ours last weekend and raised over $220k. The cash we are all raising is helping save so many lives and continues to support much needed research.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
Thanks for supporting the Relay for Life, we had ours last weekend and raised over $220k. The cash we are all raising is helping save so many lives and continues to support much needed research. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WOW! 220k is twice what this small town brings in. But our whole county does not have the population of Thousand oaks...

I have a number of friends and a couple cousins that are survivors and I walk for them!

Our relay is in a few weeks and I will be setting up our camp site there (I am a manager for Walgreen's). I doubt I will be doing any cooking there although I have been asked. I am saving that for Ham Radio Field Day at the end of June.

Here's my menu for Saturday:

Apps
Bacon Guacamole
Pimento cheese

Mains
Pulled pork
Pastrami (started curing it yesterday)

Sides
Baked beans
Coleslaw
Potato salad
Pasta salad

Making some vinegar sauce for the pork as well. Should be a good time!

Havn't decided yet.

This year, I'm just going to wing it.

It's going to be a nice, low-key M-day weekend (just me & wifey) so, I may thaw-out something from the freezer (Pork Shoulder or BB Ribs, also some SUPER-THICK NY Strips), or I may take another stab at some Brisket...

Yeah, I know - sounds wishy-washie, but sometimes that's just how it goes.

Hi to all, Planning on some grilling burgers/ hot dogs/ brats. We will make 3 racks of ribs and chicken on my friends unused 22wsm Sunday afternoon.

I'll be hosting the 2nd annual Porkapalooza.

The menu includes:
PP
Spares
Chinese BBQ Pork
Pig Candy
Blueberry-Sausage Rolls
Hog Apple Beans
And plenty of cold beer

Phil

My wife finished her pie list:
Baltimore Bomb Pie, Caribbean Panna Cotta Pie, Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie, Coconut Macadamia Cream Pie, Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Cream Pie, S’mores Pie, Cherry Berry Pie, Blueberry Cranberry Pie, Apple Blackberry Pie, Raspberry Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Highway Café Chess Pie, Nutella Crack Pie, Caramel Apple Nut Pie, Chocolate Haupia Pie, Norske Nook Blueberry Pie, Peach Praline Pie, Lemon Chess Pie, Poppy Seed Pie, Sugar Cream Pie, Chocolate Mint Pie, Brown Butter Strawberry Pie, Sour Cream Blueberry Pie, Milky Way Pie, Killer Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie, Fruits of the Forest Pie, Almond Raspberry Pie, Chocolate Salted Almond Pie, Elvis Pie, Mexican Apple Pie, Chocolate Shoofly Pie, Chai Pie.

Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Cream Pie ?!?!? Yum!!!!

Finally decided what I'm doing. Friday night putting on a pork butt and a whole brisket for an overnight cook. Probably serve with potato salad and slaw or some grilled veggies. Probably won't cook on Sunday. I'm leaving Monday open - may do a whole chicken but not sure yet.

Lucky me -- it's an all-,eat weekend for me. working Saturday, but having friends over for St. Louis ribs Sunday afternoon. Monday I'm helping friend Milosh make some sausage, a first for me. Could be fun.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My wife finished her pie list: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good Lord. I think I remember last years post to this effect. Whew. God bless her. There's a number of those I'd love to try!

I am going to try my 2nd attempt at Pulled Pork.

I have 2 4.3 pound Boston Butts and i'm also going to try for the first some homemade coleslaw.

Should be fun.

We'll be at a friend's place tomorrow. Sunday is friends at our place for tri tip and grill roasted veggies. Monday is baby backs.

Gary: You might be interested to know I'm going to do one rack in an asian style.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRPfeff:
Baltimore Bomb Pie, Caribbean Panna Cotta Pie, Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie, Coconut Macadamia Cream Pie, Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Cream Pie, S’mores Pie, Cherry Berry Pie, Blueberry Cranberry Pie, Apple Blackberry Pie, Raspberry Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Highway Café Chess Pie, Nutella Crack Pie, Caramel Apple Nut Pie, Chocolate Haupia Pie, Norske Nook Blueberry Pie, Peach Praline Pie, Lemon Chess Pie, Poppy Seed Pie, Sugar Cream Pie, Chocolate Mint Pie, Brown Butter Strawberry Pie, Sour Cream Blueberry Pie, Milky Way Pie, Killer Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie, Fruits of the Forest Pie, Almond Raspberry Pie, Chocolate Salted Almond Pie, Elvis Pie, Mexican Apple Pie, Chocolate Shoofly Pie, Chai Pie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting in the car now. Guess I'll go to WI first. If I don't see the pies there, I'll stop at Lampe's for some pork steaks, then continue on to AZ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRPfeff:
... Norske Nook Blueberry Pie ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What makes that one different from "standard" Blueberry Pie?

We stopped at the Norske Nook near Hayward (maybe Osseo, on the way there) up-Nort', and bought a chunk of their Rasberry Pie with some sort of meringue on it. The layer of cooked-down rasberries had to be nearly 3-inches thick, and if you know how much those little suckers cook-down, you would have been amazed too! (My guess is that they use some sort of tube-form and pile the berries about a foot deep on top of that pie, then remove the form once it cooks-down a bit - all I know is it was TOTALLY OVER-THE-TOP!)

Please advise,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back