What's cookin for SuperBowl Weekend

Alan Mathews

TVWBB Member
Wanted to ask what's cookin for the SB weekend. I am at work in Africa and am a long long way from my WSM. Just wanted to see what you guys had planned
Enjoy the weekend.

I'm going to have to fire up all of my grills just to melt the snow!!
icon_eek.gif

Wow Alan you are a long way from your WSM. The menu this weekend is Baby Back Lollipops, Hot Wings and Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans. For desert, more of the same. Bob B

HEading of to Restaurant Depot in a few minutes.

Fixing to do some slabs of BB ribs tomorrow for supper on the WSM.

Sunday Ill do 2 injected bone in pork butts, some shrimp, and some pork belly on the WSM. Pork butts will be for pulled pork sandwiches served with some homemade from scratch cole slaw.

Gonna use Royal oak Lump, Hickory, and Apple for these smokes.

Also doing some gumbo for Sunday with some pulled pork from my freezer, andoullie, okra, & rice.

rooting for the Saints, or at least a close game.

Ive got 3 racks of spares, trimmed up and rubbed in the fridge getting ready for tomorrow. Watching pitmasters this week got me fired up to do some ribs. Im going to try a "competition style" rack with brown sugar and squeeze margerine on one of them. I usually cook ribs dry, but going to step out a little for the super bowl.

Bob B, I see your doing Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans. Do you follow her recipe or have you twisted it for your taste. I haven't made it yet but after doing a search I think it is something I will try after getting home. Seems there are a few variations to it.

Wow, ribs really seems to be dominating for the Super Bowl. I too am doing ribs, 8 racks of spares. Probably throw some Hot Dogs and Brats on for the kiddies.

It's just me so, prob just fry up a burger in a Griswold skillet with lard, and some lard fries. I'm going with a lard theme for this bowl.
icon_biggrin.gif

Boston Butt, pulled pork style, over lump and kingsford. Mustard and Magic Dust for seasoning. An Onion and hickory chunks for smoke. Hopefully the simpsons will be on
icon_biggrin.gif

I've been up since 5AM getting the smoker fired up for two 7 lbs butts for some pulled pork for the game.

3 slabs of ribs, a 7lb brisket and 2 5lb chickens. There's 4 of us....hope that's enough!

GO COLTS!!

It's 8 degrees outside...it's going to be a LONG smoke today!

Rob

Making Pulled Pork. Bringing it over to a house that we have bin going to for years for the SB. The host always has great food. This is the first year they ask me to make something smoked.

2 slabs of spares in the cooker, 1 in the oven for the wifey, boneless skinless turkey breast on bottom rack of cooker (lunch meat for the week, im on a diet). did some corn bread this morning and of course some beans. wash it all down with a couple pale ales

We are hosting our annual Super Bowl Party. I am a Saints fan, so this year is extra special. We are having a mini rib throwdown between myself and a neighbor who also has a WSM.

Here is what I'm cranking out so far:

Two racks of spares
21 Jalapenos stuffed with Cheese and Chorizo and wrapped by bacon
Fire roasted salsa
Guacamole
Creamy Jalapeno dip
Chips and queso
King Cake
Salami Garlic Knots

Another neighbor is bringing over his deep fryer for some wings. I will really need that diet and exercise program I am starting tomorrow.

For my first smoke on my new 22in WSM, I am doing three racks of spare ribs. Three hours into the cook, the temp is still perfect, I can't believe how well this thing works. I have been using s Char-Grill offset. I made some great BBQ on it, but there was so much more attention to it.

I am doing orange marmalade sriarcha drums sticks for the game today. Have to smoke 2 briskets for a work party tomorrow. Go Saints!!

Back