Whatcha Smokin' or Grillin' for Valentine's Day?

Okay, you hopeless romantics out there...It's 2012, Valentine's Day is just around the corner. So what are you smoking or grilling this year for that romantic evening with your significant other?

Last year I made Jamie Purviance's Herb-Crusted Prime Rib on my Genesis Gold gas grill (smoker box w/chips). I may do it again, but if I do, I'd like to do so using my WSM this time. Any suggestions for doing so?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, you helpless romantics out there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i think it's HOPELESS romantics...

when is valentines day?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, you helpless romantics out there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i think it's HOPELESS romantics... Yep, you're right. Thanks for the catch. Corrected it!

when is valentines day? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> - Tuesday, Feb 14.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
nuthin. wife refuses to do anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surprise her! Maybe another night when she least expects it.

I can't smoke Chocolate so I'm "Waitin on A Woman". If she wants Q for Valentines Day I'll be shocked. I'm HOPELESS.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, you helpless romantics out there

i think it's HOPELESS romantics... Yep, you're right. Thanks for the catch. Corrected it!

when is valentines day?
- Tuesday, Feb 14. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Some of us are helpless and hopeless!

Wife and I go to dinner every Tuesday night with a friend that's a little more mature than us - she's 84. Valentine's Day will be her turn to pick the restaraunt where we go. I'll get to enjoy the evening with my two best girls.

The last thing my wife wants is for me to smoke something for her. Beside I smoke or grill probably 4 or 5 times a week anyhow. But I am open for ideas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich K (SmokeDog):
Last year I made Jamie Purviance's Herb-Crusted Prime Rib on my Genesis Gold gas grill (smoker box w/chips). I may do it again, but if I do, I'd like to do so using my WSM this time. Any suggestions for doing so?
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prime rib is great on the WSM. I would take it low and slow to a point close to your target temp and then sear at the end.

Good luck!

I cold smoked some salmon last night and will be serving it as part of breakfast in bed.

(Pro-Q cold smoker in WSM for 10 hours. Salt cured fish overnight and then soaked in water for 1 hour after rinsing salt off, air dry 1 hour. Came out a lot less saltier when soaked like this and way less oily than store-bought lox. )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris E:
I cold smoked some salmon last night and will be serving it as part of breakfast in bed.

(Pro-Q cold smoker in WSM for 10 hours. Salt cured fish overnight and then soaked in water for 1 hour after rinsing salt off, air dry 1 hour. Came out a lot less saltier when soaked like this and way less oily than store-bought lox. ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love that ProQ!

Bumpin' this because I need some ideas too!

Chocolate is perfect for Valentine's day right?

Anyone have a good cocoa rub for pulled pork?

So romantic! (Ok, maybe I'll have to throw in some ear rings).

It turns out that tuesday is my long day. And Pammi's got her exercise class. I'll be lucky to get home by 7:30. But I get to cook a tri tip tomorrow,and possibly some scallops!
icon_biggrin.gif
That's gonna be our Valentines dinner.

Our anniversary (34) is a few days later. My Lady requested The Almond-Crusted Boneless Pork Loin from "Joy", which I've done numerous times on the indoor appliance but this year I'm using either the WSM or OTG.
Hope I don't mess it up!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

Throwing some beautiful cuts of filet mignon on the Weber Q120 for the family. Wife will make a cesar salad and cook up some shrimp. Nice bottle of red (or 2).

Now Wednesday, on the other hand, I have a request from my daughter to smoke some ribs (spares). It's her birthday and she loves Daddy's BBQ
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back