Originally posted by Bill Hays:
WoW!! Great response this early!!
icon_cool.gif
Jim, It's Christmas
icon_smile.gif
Bill
oh yeah, i almost forgot
icon_razz.gif

Just put a 14 lb brisket on the frankensmoker. Lid was @ 205 last time I checked. Eating brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and shrimp at my mom's tomorrow night. Ought to be quite a feast.

Prepped a big 7.9 pound whole beef filet last night. Cooking on my dad's Performer after church tonight. Gonna be gooood!

Merry Christmas to all!

(2) Slabs of BB ribs for my first run on my new WSM(had a loaner this past summer & had to get my own). Will toss the ribs on around 2:00 p.m. with a dusting of my own rub. Also some ABT's with some pepperjack cheese, and summer sausage for snacking.

I got lucky at BJ's this morning and found this 4.4 lb small end choice bone in rib roast for tomorrow. Wow were they busy. Selling rib roasts like they were almost extinct.
Primerib122509002.jpg

Got a hickory smoked spiral sliced ham on now with apple wood and homemade glaze (thanks Kevin!)...doing an apple- dijon one with shallots, honey, a touch of maple sugar, balsamic...mmmmmm the kitchen smells great!

Will be doing steaks on the Weber Gasser Christmas Day, served with a roasted garlic / goat cheese compound butter.

I also have two cast iron griddle/grill plates for the Genesis that I use to do fish and shrimp and the like. I'll be doing some shrimp in a wonderful marinade that has, of all things, tomato paste in it. I know it sounds weird, but it is excellent.

I'm a total n00b on the WSM. Santa just brought it. Also a Weber chimney. I'm off 'til the new year, and so I've stocked up for a week of learning:

Bought BB ribs, a two pack of butt and a packer at Sam's club.
Also bought big containers of seasonings to make rubs and some Kingsford.
Swung by Lowe's and got a 14" flower pot base. Is plastic OK? (just kidding...)
Bought some hickory smokewood and, since I couldn't find any fruitwood on short notice, I'm gonna try some chips in foil... a New England mix.

I need to get up to my mother-in-law's house in Austin. She as two huge pecan trees, and I'm sure one of them has some blight that needs to be removed.

Originally posted by Don Irish:
Got a hickory smoked spiral sliced ham on now with apple wood and homemade glaze (thanks Kevin!)...doing an apple- dijon one with shallots, honey, a touch of maple sugar, balsamic...mmmmmm the kitchen smells great!

Well, I pulled the ham off and still had plenty of fire, so I figured, what the heck...pulled out 2 butts from the freezer, filled the ring with lump and on they went with a nice coating of Butt Rub for Jane - Again thanks Kevin. Maybe I'll catch Santa in the middle of the night.

Alot of great food on the smoker this Xmas from all of you.

I just put 37 lbs of pork butt on my 18.5, half of it for a customer, the rest for us. Doing a turkey tomorrow for the parents Xmas feast on the Performer.

Gotta love any excuse to fire up the smoker, although we usually don't need a reason, as owning one is reason enough.

Happy holidays to you all!

Christmas eve turkey. Christmas day is going to be heavy on cookies and leftover meat from various other events this week (turkey, ribs, ham). I'm not sure that anybody's going to cook much.

The past two days I smoked 16 butts and 2 turkey breasts on the 22.5 and the 18. WSM's .
This evening 6 Filets wrapped in bacon on the Rancher. Christmas day chopped BBQ sandwiches with tater salad and hush puppies and a pan of BBQ beans from the smoker, don't forget the sweet tea .

Did a pork tenderloin tonight with apple wood, garlic and herbs. Now, I'm prepping/precooking last week's recipe of the week from Weber - Filet Mignon Crostini with Balsamic Onion Jam.

Just finished my turkey and threw on my herb crusted prime rib on the 22.5 WSM!

While that is cooking I am doing a pineapple upside down cake on my Summit.

Love the BBQ! Merry Christmas to all!

Originally posted by Tommy Lee:
Just finished my turkey and threw on my herb crusted prime rib on the 22.5 WSM!

While that is cooking I am doing a pineapple upside down cake on my Summit.

Love the BBQ! Merry Christmas to all!
Wow! You are the cooking man. Hungry? How about some pics?
I have my rib roast going now for a late supper. Had to be out most of the afternoon (without food), but it should be worth the wait.

got my BB ribs and ABT's on now

30 mph winds, and snow keeping he WSM @ 225, but TBS(thin blue smoke all the way)

xmas09107.jpg

cant figure out posting pics on thi site

Back