What to take as an appetizer?

Lew

TVWBB All-Star
Going to a Christmas party Saturday and everyone is asked to bring an appetizer or a dessert. I usually bring ABTs but want to do something different this time. Any suggestions?

Not sure how cold it is in GA, but I would cold smoke some cheese. You can serve it cold with crackers.

Or, if you want to get fancy, make some cheese fondue with it. My wife and her friends love cheese fondue.
1 cup Pinot Grigio(spelling?) to boiling
throw in some some shredded smoked Gouda &
some shredded smoked Fontina
TBSP or so flour
Mix until thickens & drop some chopped green onions in there
use it as a dipping cheese with cubed french bread, apples & grapes

You could try water chestnuts wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce, ABT's with or without bacon, grilled shrimp,chicken wings ...................

Decided on Moinks. Easy to make and everybody loves them. I'm definitely doing Doug's smoked mushrooms for MY next party!

i just made my first moinks today, so easy to do.. cooked them at 250 for about hour and half, then added sauce to them and let them sit on the smoker for another 10 mins or so.. then added a little more sauce when i took them out. I tried 3 different styles of sauce.. one was a sweet and tangy, one was a little spicy, the other was like a thicker brown sugar.. I thought the sweet and tangy sauce complemented them the best.

Moinks were a big hit. 60 moinks lasted 15 minutes. I served them hot with hot sauce to dip them in.

I saved a few for my son, and when he didn't eat them last night, I ate a couple today. I think they are better cold. Next time, I'm thinking about serving them that way.

just be careful if you overcook the moinks.. they will be good to eat warm, nice and soft, but then when they cool off they can get hard

Back