What model is this? And, a few parts questions.

I think some of us have taken a newby, unsuspecting soul, down the Weber rabbit hole a few times. Probably put a strain on a few marriages over the years too.
After all that I've learned on this forum, I came close to jumping in with both feet today. Thanks to you and this forum, I passed on a Silver C that had a rotted bottom on the cabinet and would have required a donor Silver B or C to swap the manifold to propane.

So close. My wife thanks you.

After all that I've learned on this forum, I came close to jumping in with both feet today. Thanks to you and this forum, I passed on a Silver C that had a rotted bottom on the cabinet and would have required a donor Silver B or C to swap the manifold to propane.

So close. My wife thanks you.
Don't worry, you're just delaying the inevitable if you are even looking at listings for grills. You will eventually find one you can't say no to!

At one time I had 12 Weber's in my back yard. From kettles to gassers and WSM's. I finally with the help of Barb, my wife I was able to undo the addiction I had for all things Weber. I now have my original EX 1000 I bought new in 1998 and converted it to a 2000 a few years ago.
Our NG E320 the work horse of the grills, my performer, my camp chef pellet grill and our Jumbo Joe. Still too many but we do use them all.
I don't have the energy to restore the grills anymore, so it was fun, but I'm done now.

I think some of us have taken a newby, unsuspecting soul, down the Weber rabbit hole a few times. Probably put a strain on a few marriages over the years too.

I'm already in the hole, but, until I bought this one, could still see the light at the top. We already owned a Smokey Joe, 18" kettle, Go Anywhere gas, and a gas Baby Q. Of the four little Webers we have, the youngest is thirteen years old (Baby Q), and the only thing replaced on any of them, was the grate, and cleaning blades on the 18" kettle. After our experience with our last full size gas grill (A Brinkman that barely made it past 2 years), I swore off anything but Weber grills.

And, while I have this Genesis1000 torn apart, and cold weather has settled in (no heated indoor workspace), I've spotted a two burner Genesis Silver A close by, that looks like a good cleaning, and it'll get us through till warmer weather returns, and I can get back at this one. Probably gong to inquire about the Silver A tomorrow. There's a good chance it's already sold, as the ad is pretty old. But, the ad for my current project was over a month old, and still available.

Figured I’d pile onto the Parts Question thread.

I picked up this Silver but the grates fooled me. I thought they were cast iron.
However they’re actually some kind of lightweight aluminum (?) made to look like cast iron?

Are these stock? Or a 3rd party replacement?

8D21B738-D4B4-417B-BA07-ADC99A72E192.jpeg

I believe they are porcelain coated, stamped (thin) steel. The proportion of the grate size looks very odd to me, but the shape of the grate bars are consistent with stamped steel similar to this set:

Hongso 7523 7521 7522 15 Inches Porcelain Enameled Cooking Grates Replacement for Weber Spirit E-210, Spirit S 200 & 210 (Pre-2012 with Side Control), Genesis Silver A, Spirit 500, 65904 65905 Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019MRL6Y0/?tag=tvwb-20

These are definitely the entry-level type of grates.

Yea, they’re definitely stamped. This is the grill itself (photo below).

D2D3FF56-9C5D-4CE2-BD01-10184C4EC4AB.jpeg

I was confused because I had another older version Silver A (the model where the hood resembles more like the Genesis 1000) and its grates were just like this but straight up cast iron.

Back