What model is this? And, a few parts questions.

I have a 1993. I added the slide. Had the wire rack too.
From what I've seen, the ones with the wire rack bottom usually also had the rod instead of the slide lock. It makes you wonder how much cheaper those could have been for Weber to even bother with the difference.

Mine has the rod.
Very cool, I need to find one like that for my collection. Do you happen to remember where you bought the grill? I know there was a Target specific model that was like that but I don't know if they were the only one to market that version.

Very cool, I need to find one like that for my collection. Do you happen to remember where you bought the grill? I know there was a Target specific model that was like that but I don't know if they were the only one to market that version.
I live in the SF Bay Area and purchased the Genesis 1000 (my serial number starts with KL1- xxxxx) in August 1993 from Orchard Supply Hardware. They were a great hardware store but Lowe's shut them down in 2018.

Lol I'm not sure if you're interested in the rod for the pull out table or the wire accessory rack on the bottom. I attached the instructions for the pull out table assembly and also the parts diagram.

Attachments

• 20221115_131638.jpg
    20221115_131638.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221115_131733.jpg
    20221115_131733.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221115_131755.jpg
    20221115_131755.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 12
I live in the SF Bay Area and purchased the Genesis 1000 (my serial number starts with KL1- xxxxx) in August 1993 from Orchard Supply Hardware. They were a great hardware store but Lowe's shut them down in 2018.

Lol I'm not sure if you're interested in the rod for the pull out table or the wire accessory rack on the bottom. I attached the instructions for the pull out table assembly and also the parts diagram.
Yes, I am interested in everything about these Genesis 1000 grills and I have never seen one like yours in the wild. So the support rod holder clips to the frame and you just move the holder with rod in it to the front leg to hold up the table?20221115_131638.jpg

Yes, I am interested in everything about these Genesis 1000 grills and I have never seen one like yours in the wild. So the support rod holder clips to the frame and you just move the holder with rod in it to the front leg to hold up the table?View attachment 62731
Yes there is a hole in the front leg where you place the end of the rod when you swing the table up - see picture.

The model number for my Genesis 1000 is: 210000

@DLogan - sorry we hijacked your thread.

Attachments

• 20221115_150838~2.jpg
    20221115_150838~2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 6
Yes there is a hole in the front leg where you place the end of the rod when you swing the table up - see picture.

The model number for my Genesis 1000 is: 210000

@DLogan - sorry we hijacked your thread.
OK, that's originally how I thought it worked. The rod just goes into the frame where the slide lock bar bolts on. Great info, thanks for sharing it!20221115_172524.jpg

Hey, hijack all you want, I'm learning a lot here! :)
When my Genesis started to leaning to the right, I found this site and also learned a lot. I found a way to repair it without using the L angle brackets. At the time, I couldn't find the round frame inserts so I used Mikey B.'s method with threaded rods:

Post in thread 'HOW TO: Weber Frame Cross Member repair' https://tvwbb.com/threads/how-to-weber-frame-cross-member-repair.77334/post-866405

The members on the forum are all very helpful!

Could be Weber switched from durawood bottom to a wire rack later in it's run. The wire rack is likely cheaper for them, hence the change.
I’ve got two 1998 Genesis 1000’s, per their serial numbers. One is an LX and that has the durawood slats top and bottom, along with the slide for the flip-up side table. The non-LX Genesis 1000 has an actual wood handle and side table, no slide for the flip up (you stick the support in a hole on the frame depending on whether you want it up or down, unless the slide is missing) and a wire rack on the bottom instead of the slats.

Back