What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Put me down for 4 slabs of spare ribs, with a slightly less salty 'Sugarless Texas Sprinkle' rub. I will be using my new Weber Rib Rack for the first time too!

Graham

Three slabs of ribs. Going to do some things I normally don't. I'm going to do spares and I might use water.

I'm doing my first whole brisket this weekend. Gonna put a round in the chamber around 11 PM on Friday and let it carry through into ISD.

I was thinking about doing BOB, but decided that I didn't want the additional 25-50% increase in times for the brisket by adding a huge mass of heat sink (pork butts).

Originally posted by Thom Tomlinson:
... Sunday - Grillin' free-range Narrowhead, asparagus, sweet potatoes and pepper soup.
QUOTE]

Okay, I gotta ask. What is a "narrowhead"? A quick web search shows that it could be a vareity or garter snake, turtle, flying fish, or morel.

Oh, and it pretty much describes some of my in-laws!

I am doing a couple of butts-- 14lbs total. I am brining one of them and have the other one slathered with mustard and rub. I am going to inject the one I have rubbed with apple juice. I was watching food network last night on Memphis in May and thats what one team used to inject his butts with. First time I have brined pork butt so am very curious. We have crappy weather up here for Saturday, but going to give it a whirl, hopefully no wind.

Sat.: Brisket flat and a Butt and probably grill a few things.

SUN.: Wife's family coming over, more grilling.

I just did a little pork shoulder for the wife and I and will grab another one for tomorrow
icon_biggrin.gif
I want to try a sweet recipe this time.

I was thinking about doing BOB, but decided that I didn't want the additional 25-50% increase in times for the brisket by adding a huge mass of heat sink (pork butts).

OK, so I opted for excess rather than moderation. I bought 12.64# of pork butt and plan on BOB. I know this is going to kick my smokin' time up ... and I'm proud to say that, in my ISD T-shirt, I will gladly stand vigil over my Bullet.

I will be enjoying the 1st Annual International WSM Smoke Day by smoking 9 racks of baby back ribs.

I am still fretting of what wood I want to go with - I have Apple, Hickory, and Mesquite.

Such fun choices!

On Monday, I am going to smoke a Pork Butt, and try injecting it for the first time.

Woo Hoo.

Wow, I thought I was bbq'ing alot until I saw some of these posts!

I'm coming in with a butt and 6 racks of baby backs. Getting ready to fire the bullet up in an hour or so.

Back