What is a good price for a used 22 in Kettle?

Wait. I paid $10 for a premium kettle about 2 years ago. And it came with a bag of charcoal, lighter fluid and a cover. Three weeks ago I found an unused 22” kettle with wood handles. Basic model but never used. Came with cover and a used Jumbo Joe. Paid $45 for all of them. This morning I saw a Blue performer without gas assist for $60. But too far far away from me. Occasionally they show up. But then you need to be fast. lol

Great blue performer, looks like it would need baskets and a new grate and a cover ,and then clean it up, 75 is a excellant price I would be in my car headed that way. Once you buy it then register the grill and after that you can work on getting a metal table.

Grates look rough, but I put a full price offer in last night right after I posted it here, you know an hour after he posted it on marketplace, and he said it is pending. I will find the right kettle for me, but for right now it is the WSM 14 that is getting used like every other day.

I totally had a new grate and new nuts and bolts in my shopping cart on the Weber site last night before I got the message it was pending.

That is very worthy of consideration. I'd want to replace that table ($60). What does the inside/grate look like?
Yes tables cost 60.00 but if you register it and put in a claim for damage Weber will send you one it has a 15 year warranty.

Yeah you must move fast, see something give a bid a bit lower as most can be cleaned and fix up for little money and time.

Yes tables cost 60.00 but if you register it and put in a claim for damage Weber will send you one it has a 15 year warranty.

I never thought to do that. Mine was just dirty and scratched up and I wanted something shiny and new.

Grates look rough, but I put a full price offer in last night right after I posted it here, you know an hour after he posted it on marketplace, and he said it is pending. I will find the right kettle for me, but for right now it is the WSM 14 that is getting used like every other day.

Be patient. I missed a few deals that I thought would not be beat. Ultimately, I ended up with a NIB, "Crate & Barrel Green" Performer for a price I really felt a little guilty about paying. It was worth the wait, even though I drove almost an hour each way to get it. Similar, though not nearly as good luck with my Genesis. In both cases, I decided it was something I wanted, but didn't need, and I'd wait for a good deal. Turned out to be over a year of Craigslist browsing, but all good in the end.

Be patient. I missed a few deals that I thought would not be beat. Ultimately, I ended up with a NIB, "Crate & Barrel Green" Performer for a price I really felt a little guilty about paying. It was worth the wait, even though I drove almost an hour each way to get it. Similar, though not nearly as good luck with my Genesis. In both cases, I decided it was something I wanted, but didn't need, and I'd wait for a good deal. Turned out to be over a year of Craigslist browsing, but all good in the end.
Jim,
You got it right, I want to get the right used 22 in kettle, I am going to keep looking and will land one, but I don't want to just get one to get it.

I think I just landed a less than a year old master touch for $85. I am supposed to pick it up Thursday afternoon so I will keep you guys posted.

So my daughter and wife decided that if I was getting the kettle my Brinkman style had to be sold. It was no longer used to cook, but it made the best side table. While it went up today on marketplace and is now gone. It the hands of a chef at one of my wife and my favorite artisan local restaurant.

Hour drive each way with my daughter to keep me company and my new to me master touch is in the back yard, well kind of, the back yard is being completely demolished and reconfigure from a failing wall to a hill, which also started today. $85 has been the magic number for me this spring. I spend $85 for my new to me 14 WSM a few months ago and now the same for the my new to me master touch. We Weberheads don't have to feel bad, the guy I bought it from sold it because he didn't use the charcoal he just uses his Weber gasser and his propane pit boss smoker. He
I will post some pictures of the new grill and backyard here in a few days.
Thanks for all the the advice, you guys lead me to figure out what I really wanted and I was able to find it at a great price.

Here are a few pictures of my new to me grill and its first cook. 20200531_154906.jpg20200531_154917.jpg20200531_174449_HDR.jpg
And here is the picture of the Master Touching sitting up top a mess of a backyard, that single stone pad on the left side half way up the picture use to be my grilling pad, but not anymore. 20200529_083549_HDR.jpg

Back