What is a good price for a used 22 in Kettle?

Michael Richards

TVWBB Super Fan
I want to add a Kettle to my Weber Arsenal and there is one for sell on Marketplace with cover for $75. It is a 22 in Original Weber Kettle, it is not a Premium. Looks like it has has hardly been used and garage keep, but I feel like that price is a little high. I want to offer him $50. What do you guys think?

Sam Bee

TVWBB All-Star
I'd wait, The Memorial Day Holiday is coming up so you may see more offers pop up. I would look for a Weber Kettle Premium because I like the ash catcher feature but that's just me.

Dave in KC

TVWBB All-Star
$75 for an Original is a bit high, but kettle prices all seem high to me lately. You used to able to click on any of the swap pages and pick up Originals for $25 any day of the week, but now you rarely see one less than $50. The price increase for new grates is not helping. Personally, I recommend you hold out until you can find a nice used Premium for $60 to $75.

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
I paid $20 for one last summer that was date coded 2010 & looked like it had never had a fire in it.
Earlier this week there was a never been used wooden handle 18" on Craigslist for $25.

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB All-Star
Just keep looking. Cheap kettles are out there. You just have to be quick to jump on the deal. $75 is way too high for an original with the ash pan.

Try Facebook marketplace and Craigslist. If you see something you like, hop on it asap. $50 bucks seems reasonable and if you are diligent you can get one for less than that or free.

Michael Richards

TVWBB Super Fan
Hold out for a master touch
That actually makes a lot of sense, I was already thinking I would have to purchases the Weber fuel Baskets for $20 and an updated grate, so I will at least keep an look out for this. If it has all the original add-ons what do you think is a good price for a used master touch?

Michael Richards

TVWBB Super Fan
I needed to here that guys, I am going to hold out and keep looking for at least a premium if not a master touch, I am doing OK with my SJ and my WSM 14.5, so I don't have to rush I can take my time and really look for the right deal.
Thanks,
Michael

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB All-Star
Depending on if you live near a big city, keep an eye on apps like LetGo and OfferUp as well as Facebook Marketplace / Craigslist.

I even found an 18" kettle for $5 on some app called 5Miles. It just needed a top grate.

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB Hall of Fame
You will find one, there a green premium one not far from me for 65 and a matching green Genny even closer! ($150)
Not buying either one. But, they are out there. Let’s face it, Weberitis is never cured, just goes into remission for a while.
If I had a pickup truck, I might be in trouble, having another matching set would be fun but, I don’t think my wife would be overly excited for more grills filling up the patio. We are short on sitting space as it is!

Michael Richards

TVWBB Super Fan
Depending on if you live near a big city, keep an eye on apps like LetGo and OfferUp as well as Facebook Marketplace / Craigslist.

I even found an 18" kettle for $5 on some app called 5Miles. It just needed a top grate.
I can get to the outskirts of Baltimore or DC within about an hour, or into Harrisburg even less and for a good price on a master touch I would most like do that drive.

Dave Glasgal

TVWBB Member
You guys are not helping. I'm trying NOT to buy a second grill, but there's a premium in darn good condition with a cover for $50 out my way.

Bruce

TVWBB Olympian
Dave, I am not a Coal guy, but if everything in the Premium is in good and usable shape and the grill itself is in good condition, then I would say $50 is not a bad price.

Bruno

TVWBB All-Star
I’d go $125, I paid $100 for mine and love it!! It’s old now and a new one sounds like a lot of fun.