What is a good price for a used 22 in Kettle?

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I want to add a Kettle to my Weber Arsenal and there is one for sell on Marketplace with cover for $75. It is a 22 in Original Weber Kettle, it is not a Premium. Looks like it has has hardly been used and garage keep, but I feel like that price is a little high. I want to offer him $50. What do you guys think?

I'd wait, The Memorial Day Holiday is coming up so you may see more offers pop up. I would look for a Weber Kettle Premium because I like the ash catcher feature but that's just me.

$75 for an Original is a bit high, but kettle prices all seem high to me lately. You used to able to click on any of the swap pages and pick up Originals for $25 any day of the week, but now you rarely see one less than $50. The price increase for new grates is not helping. Personally, I recommend you hold out until you can find a nice used Premium for $60 to $75.

I paid $20 for one last summer that was date coded 2010 & looked like it had never had a fire in it.
Earlier this week there was a never been used wooden handle 18" on Craigslist for $25.

Just keep looking. Cheap kettles are out there. You just have to be quick to jump on the deal. $75 is way too high for an original with the ash pan.

Try Facebook marketplace and Craigslist. If you see something you like, hop on it asap. $50 bucks seems reasonable and if you are diligent you can get one for less than that or free.

Hold out for a master touch
That actually makes a lot of sense, I was already thinking I would have to purchases the Weber fuel Baskets for $20 and an updated grate, so I will at least keep an look out for this. If it has all the original add-ons what do you think is a good price for a used master touch?

I needed to here that guys, I am going to hold out and keep looking for at least a premium if not a master touch, I am doing OK with my SJ and my WSM 14.5, so I don't have to rush I can take my time and really look for the right deal.
Thanks,
Michael

Depending on if you live near a big city, keep an eye on apps like LetGo and OfferUp as well as Facebook Marketplace / Craigslist.

I even found an 18" kettle for $5 on some app called 5Miles. It just needed a top grate.

You will find one, there a green premium one not far from me for 65 and a matching green Genny even closer! ($150)
Not buying either one. But, they are out there. Let’s face it, Weberitis is never cured, just goes into remission for a while.
If I had a pickup truck, I might be in trouble, having another matching set would be fun but, I don’t think my wife would be overly excited for more grills filling up the patio. We are short on sitting space as it is!

Depending on if you live near a big city, keep an eye on apps like LetGo and OfferUp as well as Facebook Marketplace / Craigslist.

I even found an 18" kettle for $5 on some app called 5Miles. It just needed a top grate.
I can get to the outskirts of Baltimore or DC within about an hour, or into Harrisburg even less and for a good price on a master touch I would most like do that drive.

You guys are not helping. I'm trying NOT to buy a second grill, but there's a premium in darn good condition with a cover for $50 out my way.

Dave, I am not a Coal guy, but if everything in the Premium is in good and usable shape and the grill itself is in good condition, then I would say $50 is not a bad price.

I’d go $125, I paid $100 for mine and love it!! It’s old now and a new one sounds like a lot of fun.

Back