what have i missed?

Mike Durso

TVWBB Super Fan
So i have been away from the actual product side for some time, but i'm still cooking. What's new and exciting Chris?

Mike

Nuke's scared cause his nostrils are jammed and his old man's here, we need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove, and nobody knows what to get Jimmy and Millie for their wedding present--there's a whole lotta stuff we're trying to deal with--

With a key, you unlock a door to imagination
Beyond it is another dimension
A dimension of sight
A dimension of sound
A dimension of mind
TheTwilightZoneLogo.png

Hi Mike,

I'm still here trying to keep the asylum running smoothly.

Not a lot is new on the product front. Looks like your old friends moved the vent dampers and the leg bolts on the 22.5" bowl so the damper no longer hits the charcoal grate and the grate sits more securely on the leg bolts.

And they changed the square opening on the top of the 22.5" middle section to rounded corners. My guess on that is they've not been able to get the access door to fit tightly at the top corners and cutting the corners in the middle section helps provide a better seal. But who knows.

With the 18.5" cooker, people are complaining about how the water pan hangs so low it gets in the way of tending the fire and smoke wood below.

Other than that, all is good!

How are things with you?

Regards,
Chris

Good for you! The family has installed a tiki bar and we've been cooking up little foods -things that can be served almost appetizer style on large plates -a few ribs a few slices of meats or veggies all with a polynesian theme. Always experimenting.

That is good that the grate/vent interference has been corrected on the 22. It was jsut a matter of where they punched the holes on the bowl and the orientation of those holes. Little tweaks and tooling changes.

As for the door opening, what you have is a flat sheet with a square cut out. Then it's rolled into a tube shape. And you can try this with a piece of cardboard or anything.. When you roll it into a cylinder, the portion that ahs the square opening wants to remain straight. So you get a strange edge along there along the axis of the cylinder. where the corners are, the material will want to rip. So you add a radius to both control the ripping at the corners and also help get the long edge (parallel to the axis) to help curve. as a result, you may have better sealing aroudn the door.

on the 18 -alright.. who's done it? Someone has had to have cut the straps or redrilled some holes in the straps that keep the grates in relatively the same place, but have raised the water pan?

As for me, the family, the tiki bar, the rock band, teaching, scooters and motorcycles. Designing lotsa teensy microphones for cellphones and things for hand held games. Life couldn't be better!

My best to all of you,
Mike

Back