What does this remind you of?

The inset picture, of the top vent close-up...? with the water in the background reminds me of the top hatch door of a submarine. Hope none of the aliens fom Battleship come spinning in on you.

Overall it looks like Char Grillers Akorn kamado grill with the new cart package deal. I think the only place I've seen them was at Home Depot? Seemed like a good deal, if I remember correctly... Just over three bills? Seems like it was cheaper than the original, that just had the little side shelves attached.

Have you fired it up yet? I've been toying with the idea of getting one, but can't talk myself into it yet. What would I use it for that my WSM 22 and OTG 22 couldn't do?

For this price point, I'm really curious to see how you like it. wonder how it compares to the BGEgg or the steel bubba keg, or even a Primo for over double the price. Anyone else have much experience itch the Akorn?

Last edited:
Sorry everyone for the double post.

I'm with you Jeff. I'm thinking it would be great for our winter weather and windy cooks. Only available through HD in the US not Canada. You're right just over $300 and insulated with a CI grate. There may be some quality issues but nothing that could not be overcome. It's all porcelain metal kinda like Weber. A lot less weight than ceramic.
No I don't own it not yet anyway but I am seriously considering one.

no idea at all. boy, some folks have no shame.

...and your meaning George?

They have sure taken advantage of a proven design and Weber has in the past made it clear they were not interested in participating in the Kamado market. Gotta wonder how successful this could be?

Last edited:
the cart looks so much like a performer, i wonder if they are not made by the same manufacturer? is that sacrilege... does weber make the cart too or are they outsourced? could they be dealing under the table? please guys don't beat me up too much for that one

Looks pretty cool. It's almost like big green egg and and a weber performer had a baby.....;)

the cart looks so much like a performer, i wonder if they are not made by the same manufacturer? is that sacrilege... does weber make the cart too or are they outsourced? could they be dealing under the table? please guys don't beat me up too much for that one

This is 100% a Char-Griller, Akorn made off shore but looks to me they have copied the very successful Performer style cart.

Back