What do you do for a living? *****

Rich good suggestion. Wonder how my wife would feel about me whittling in the family room while we watched tv in the evening.

Wow, what a diverse bunch! Glad to re affirm that the power of great eats is a bridge for everyone!

I am a surgical tech, I hand the surgeon the steel objects, and assist them during the surgery. With call on the OR, my smoking time can be limited, but I make the most of the time that I have at home!

Originally posted by Stacy Hudson:
Wow, what a diverse bunch! Glad to re affirm that the power of great eats is a bridge for everyone!

I am a surgical tech, I hand the surgeon the steel objects, and assist them during the surgery. With call on the OR, my smoking time can be limited, but I make the most of the time that I have at home!

Stacy you should see how long it takes to cook a brisket high heat in the autoclave...

Originally posted by Ulf Rasmussen:
Fun thread, nice to see so many different professions are represented. I am a systems architect / presales engineer working for a very large global tech company. I design datacenter solutions, high performance clusters and IT infrastructure, and also sell those things on a technical level to our largest customers. Right here in Oslo.

Ule, we have the same job!

Do you work for the 2,3 or 4 letter company??
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bill Hamilton:
Well right now im a student i am stydying computer networking and security. Got to be a student when the plant i was working in as a mechanic got closed down and shipped to China. Oh well what ya gonna do

Hi Bill. I just started at ITT for my associates in CET (computor electronic technologies). Entails networking, IT and electronic repair. I got laid off as a service writer back in nov of last year.

Hi all -

I work for an ocean transport company, focus is on invoice process and contract compliance for US Govt shipments. It's a great challenge and at the end of the day I at least feel like I hv done a little to support our men and women in uniform.

Jim

I had my own small business for 22 years and got out at the right time. For the last 2 1/2 years I have been a Maintenance Mechanic at a large childrens hospital. I take care of all the ORs and Oncology floors.

I spent 25 years in the Australian Airforce as an Airframe fitter reaching the dizzy heights as Warrant Officer Engineer, then decided not to make a career of it and spent the next 13 years working for Snap-on tools International culminating as the Regional Manager Asia Pacific for the Power Tool division of Snap-on. I Finished my career off as a Logistics Engineer/Analyst working on Major Defence projects. I am now semi-retired, I have my own company selling equipment to the Defence Industry.

Cheers

I am an outside processing inspector for a line support clamp manufacturer and a Final Inspector for Wire Harness division.

I am a Quality Engineer for a large cookie and cracker co-packer. I set up and look at statistical process controls and environmental monitoring to insure a safe food supply. Not a bad gig really. Especially when you manufacture Oreo and Chips Ahoy cookies and Ritz crackers. I actually used to have a BBQ restaurant but had to do something to pay the bills when the economy tanked!
icon_frown.gif
I'm actually a lot more relaxed now and enjoy my weekends off and fire up the grills and smokers every weekend!

Technical Support Engineer at the phone company (major long distance carrier). Not the most fun job in the world but I tolerate it enough to have done it for 12 years (I'm 31). I guess I'd just rather be brewing beer and cooking. Is that so wrong?

I'm a Detective in the Indiana State Police Auto Theft Division. In my 33rd year with the ISP.

Back