What’s with pork prices???

You're getting political there. May have to put you in "jail"
You can't put me in jail when I own the jail and hold the keys to all the cells.

Seriously, if I sued you, would that be political?

This is a case of a company suing other companies for what they believe to be unfair business practices. If that's political to you...whatever.

Don't know if giving up red meat would be worth it. Gotta draw the line somewhere:)
I know you weren't being serious, but I recently watched a video where an expert in how the body digests and uses food explained that the calorie counts on food packages are not remotely as useful as the government would have us think. Turns out that even when adjusted for how much of the caloric content is available, which the numbers are to a degree, it doesn't account for how much energy the body expends in digestion. He claimed that about 30% of the available calories in protein are burned by the body in digesting the protein. So if you want to lose weight, red meat is probably one of the last things you'd want to give up.

I know you weren't being serious, but I recently watched a video where an expert in how the body digests and uses food explained that the calorie counts on food packages are not remotely as useful as the government would have us think. Turns out that even when adjusted for how much of the caloric content is available, which the numbers are to a degree, it doesn't account for how much energy the body expends in digestion. He claimed that about 30% of the available calories in protein are burned by the body in digesting the protein. So if you want to lose weight, red meat is probably one of the last things you'd want to give up.

I find the most successful weight loss exercise is "push-aways"

eat half of what's on your plate and "push-away" from the table and do something else :D

The smaller plate technique works pretty well as long as you don’t refill it three times.
I lost weight and have kept it off with the small plate diet. I look at it as ”Eat Better, not necessarily more.”
Anymore, one plate seems to be all I really want.

Due to allergy wife cannot consume pork. Leaves me with only beef, veal, lamb and chicken (don't say turkey I ate that once this year enough). It's only the 2 of us now so I've taken an "I don't care anymore" on meat prices. If we want it I buy it. Besides, I am trying to lose weight and am even on one medication (Ozempic) which helps A1C and also helps curb appetite which assists weight loss. So where I used to make 2 steaks for us and maybe have a little bit left over, I now make one steak and still have a bit leftover (assuming it's a larger steak like a thick strip or ribeye). Also trying to do meatless dinners once to twice (or even more) per week. A good friend (Pakistani) showed me a nice rice and Chick Pea technique (though I sub black beans or some other legume as wife doesn't like chick peas). Quite filling and satisfying. Some nights it's just a nice marinara and either my home made pasta or another organic dried pasta I have on hand.
So far it's been working (albeit slowly) as I am down about 9 lbs since my last Dr checkup 6 mos ago.

Just looking at the Safeway ad and they've got pork shoulders for $1.25/lb. for $5 Friday (2/25). Cheapest I've seen around here in a while. Hoping it's Prairie Fresh like the last one I got there. Even better news is I've for freezer space for a couple.

Back