What’s For Breakfast?

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
My son and his wife were leaving for home in Clearwater, Florida this morning and I asked them
what they wanted for breakfast. Both immediately said ribs! So I picked up a 3 pack of babybacks
from Sam’s Club. Ribs were coated with mustard and seasoned with John Henry’s Pecan Rub and
placed in the refrigerator overnight. This morning I hit them with a little more John Henry’s and they
were ready for the smoker.
DSC01056-2.jpg

Put onto the smoker with pecan chunks. Picture was about 45 minutes into the cook as it was
still dark out when the ribs went onto the smoker.
DSC01061-2.jpg

Ribs are at the right color and getting ready to get wrapped in foil.
DSC01067.jpg

Double wrapped in foil and put back onto the smoker. Put one slab on the bottom rack.
DSC01069.jpg

Ribs were unwrapped and put back onto the smoker to firm up.
DSC01071.jpg

Ribs are done!
DSC01073.jpg

Plated with my wife’s hash brown casserole and corn on the cob.
DSC01075.jpg

Okay, so more of a brunch then breakfast, but delicious never the less. Between the 4 of us we
took care of 2 racks of the ribs, leaving a “to go” slab for the kids.

Thanks for looking!

If one can eat eggs for dinner, then you can have ribs for breakfast. Great looking ribs and that is an interesting looking rib rack you have there.

That easily beats the peanut/granola bar that I pulled out of my golf bag this morning! In fact, that's way better than my lunch and dinner too.

i woulda opted for four eggs sunny-side up, buttered toast, sausage, coffee and orange juice... butt, when in Georgia...
Looks like the perfect start to a day Mike!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :) Gary a big thank you too for the link. Put that one on my X-mas wish list for my wife to buy..:cool:

Bacon is smoked pork.
Your ribs were smoked pork.
Let's call it bacon on a stick!
Your fine looking meal would taste great 24/7:wsm:
Great pics too Mike!

Beer, its not JUST for breakfast anymore...but seriously, great go. I wish I had sons to share breakfast ribs....not complaining about my daughters, mind you!!
Good cook, Mike

Back