What’s everyone…

I have right beside me a 4" binder filled with just pork rib recipes that we haven't made yet. Sorted by Baby Backs, Country, Spare Ribs and St. Louis Style. I also have a list of rib recipes that we have made starting back in 1994. If I can be of any help, just let me know.

Looked at what I had in the freezer than needed to be used and decided on pulled pork mac & cheese. Have some smoked Dubliner, Swiss, Havarti, a Mexican blend and cream cheese in the fridge and a couple of 1# packs of pulled pork. Will post the final recipe and pics if my memory works better than normal.

I'm doing a family pac of Country Style ribs from the shoulder.
Time to clean out the fridge with all the garden vegetables so pasta primavera for a side and kidney bean salad.

̶B̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶, I mean cooking this Labor Day weekend? I bought a 16# whole packer to smoke on Monday. And will likely do some burgers, dogs and Vietnamese charred pork too on the weekend.
This might change but we are planning on Vortex smoked "naked" chicken thighs. No BBQ sauce. Done them before and they were the crispiest thighs ever - super juicy inside. Pic Below:

_DSC4416_DxO-2160-XL.jpg

This might change but we are planning on Vortex smoked "naked" chicken thighs. No BBQ sauce. Done them before and they were the crispiest thighs ever - super juicy inside. Pic Below:

_DSC4416_DxO-2160-XL.jpg
Dry rubbed, marinated? Those look good. What’s your seasoning profile?

Smoking a 2 bone prime rib for my g/f & I, and a chuck roast for the neighbors on Sunday. Saturday..... gonna be out running around early, might just be grilled burgers. Monday? That's too far off. :)

I overshot on the prime rib, came out medium, but still darned tender. Leftover boiled potatoes, a fresh onion, and roasted root vege will used with the end slices to make prime rib hash with a couple of over easy fried eggs.

Neighbors ended up having me smoke an arm roast and 4 bones of beef short rib. They were very happy with dinner.

That sounds yum. What’s your preferred prep and cook method on those?

20210904_232918.jpg

I moved the pics to the pictures forum.

Last edited:
Looked at what I had in the freezer than needed to be used and decided on pulled pork mac & cheese. Have some smoked Dubliner, Swiss, Havarti, a Mexican blend and cream cheese in the fridge and a couple of 1# packs of pulled pork. Will post the final recipe and pics if my memory works better than normal.
Here's the end result and recipe. Turned out fantastic otherwise, but was a bit disappointed the top hardly browned at all. Cooked uncovered on the pellet grill for an hour at 325 F. (recipe PDF attached)

[ ]
[ ]

Attachments

• Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese.pdf
    179 KB · Views: 1

Back