get it into storage before winter. But I have made time over the last
couple of weeks to put a little spit shine on it. Hat tip to any fellow
kettle fans that have endured the rigors of cleaning all the real-estate
on a 37 incher.

qbzUgwBl.jpg

Ys9Ec42l.jpg

1aGB0ngl.jpg

POAgp95l.jpg
Looks beautiful - But you would need to feed an army to justify a grill that size! Wow it looks like it is very well built. In fact it looks like a Weber. Are those new grates as I have never been able to clean used ones up that good?

Looks beautiful - But you would need to feed an army to justify a grill that size! Wow it looks like it is very well built. In fact it looks like a Weber. Are those new grates as I have never been able to clean used ones up that good?
Original stainless. Lots of grill cleaner, pressure washer, stiff brush and elbow grease gave them a good shine.

Dave that looks great. Nice restore. I had a chance at a Whalen in my neck of the woods a few years back and decided to pass since I already have a ranch kettle. Very unique. Be curious what you think after a few cooks. Looks very well built. Have fun!

There doesn't seem to be much content on the interwebs for cooking on these types of grills, please post something on cooking on this beast. I think Baby Back Maniac did a video on a Weber Ranch but it's been a while since I watched it.

I started to write "Another excellent restore" but this one is definitely out of the ordinary. I hope it fetches the price you are looking for. Certainly looks like new. You probably can't sell a monster kettle like this in a few days, but there are people out there who know and want it. Be patient and waive off the low-ballers. I know you already know the drill literally 100X better than me. Good luck! It would be hard for me to see that leave my deck.

Dave, you have more patience and perseverance that most people and it shows in your work. I think everyone on this forum would be proud to own that kettle.

There is a whalen in No. Cal. $650... ( not mine link below)

1629250681796.png

1629250727278.png

Back