Wet Wx Opns Bourbon-Q Chicken

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
When I started the brine (salt, Bad Byron's rub, and water), made my Bourbon-Q Sauce -- and later when I started the chimney and hit the thighs with Galena St. -- the sun was shining. Soon thereafter the bottom dropped out. But the show must go on because Mama wants BBQ chicken so I adapted to wet wx opns.

She wanted 4 left unglazed and unrubbed for use in a soup. or stew, or something she's planning. I place a pan between my two charcoal baskets and added a knot of apple.

I plated with some turnip greens cooked with some spare rib flap meat, fried okra, a corn nibblets. The brine really makes all the difference in chicken.

Now the sun is shining bright again. Go figure. :cool:

The local ladies were interested.

Last edited:
I've tried to take pics of the rain before and it didn't look anything like yours did. THAT is a serious downpour!
Luckily, the end result looked like it never missed a beat. Great plate of chow.

No wet weather is going to stop Big Dwain from cooking good for his lovely wife!!!

You're a brave man, and your sacrifice was not in vain!

IMG_1568_zpsc5120acf.jpg

Chicken looks great!

Thats a true testament to your devotion for the grilling/smoking obsession we all share. Good looking thighs under less than ideal weather conditions.

Back