WEBR reports sales and plans with Q3 results

Weber Inc.’s stock climbed more than 24% in after-hours trading Monday, mirroring an offer from its largest shareholder to buy the grill maker’s remaining shares for $6.25 apiece.

When an equity firm buys a company, it's usually not good for the consumer. Means more cost -cutting measures and quality drops. I hate to see what Weber will be in 5 years.

I notice they're calling WEBR a meme stock and comparing it to GameStop and (horror of horrors!) Bed Bath and Beyond. How the mighty have fallen!

I sincerely hope Weber pulls through this.

When an equity firm buys a company, it's usually not good for the consumer. Means more cost -cutting measures and quality drops. I hate to see what Weber will be in 5 years.
I think this equity firm already owned something like 48% of Weber. They would only have to buy a frw more percent to have a controlling interest they don't need to buy all the outstanding stock. But yeah the only path forward for Weber is to significantly lower their cost and that means offshoring production most likely.

You would hope that they see the real value in the Weber name is “quality”.

In the sea of cheap Chinese grills that everyone and their uncle seems to be going ga-ga over, Weber builds (for the most part, or did) grills that stand the test of time.

At least I am set.

Time to invest in Weber stock, like stocking up on replacement parts for the grills I already own.

Last edited:
Forgive me for drifting but whenever I see threads on this topic I think of @Brian B Atlanta; are any of you acquainted with him to know if he's okay?
Thanks for asking yes I am okay just had a busy month with some travel and other things.

BDT might throw them a bit more for the shares but they really don't have to they stated no interest in selling and with the Weber debt level nobody else will step in. So BDT sold some shares at the IPO not sure how many at $14 buying back at $6.25 but they are going to have to supply operating capital the banks will probably play ball on the outstanding credit line as BDT will guarantee that.

So back to being a private company which they were before. Would not be surprised to see Cook go private again either.

I think this equity firm already owned something like 48% of Weber. They would only have to buy a frw more percent to have a controlling interest they don't need to buy all the outstanding stock. But yeah the only path forward for Weber is to significantly lower their cost and that means offshoring production most likely.
They have already offshored most of their products unfortunately, but are still charging made in America prices.

I looked around the web and found these. I have 2 Toyota's and love them.

Chrysler Is the Worst Quality Car Brand According to J.D. Power https://www.motorbiscuit.com/chrysler-worst-quality-car-brand-according-jd-power/

From a few years ago.
10 Fiat Chrysler Vehicles That Rank Worst in Reliability https://www.motorbiscuit.com/fiat-chrysler-vehicles-that-rank-worst-in-reliability/
I'm not in the bashing, but Chrysler has always been the low end of vehicles quality. And who can forget the Chrysler outboards that were really total POS.

The Jeep compass.... The worst rental car I ever got stuck with. Hated it. Crappy uncomfortable interior with poor visibility. I was working in a small town when the driver power window refuse to go back up.... On this basically brand new vehicle. Before that, the lighter receptacle fuse was blown and I had to stop and get a new fuse for that for my GPS to work. I called up Avis who told me they would have to charge me $$$ to come bring me a new car. The nearest avis office was 65 mi away. I said well....".It's going to rain tonight and I have a damage waiver " ..... They suddenly became very cooperative. . 90 minutes later a flatbed truck pulled up to my hotel with another rental vehicle for me...... A loaded to the gills Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition with less than 50 mi on it. Big step up.

Last edited:
In my last employment gig before I fully yanked the plug on working, I worked for a major car rental chain. Observations of quality of brand new cars based on how they survived and amount of time they would have to be "out of fleet" for dealer level repairs. Ranking from worst to best. Starting with anything from Chrysler corp. Most did not even survive their first rental after being delivered band new and had to be towed back. Then the Korean twins (Hyundai and Kia) electrical nightmares and engine issues. Oddly Nissans did really well only until their CVT transmissions would grenade, most Fords did slightly better than anything from GM, unless it was a Ford with a dual clutch auto trans. They spent most of their lives on tow trucks just like Chrysler ones did. The only vehicles our customers could not hurt? Toyotas. Any Toyota. But, I am not kidding or exaggerating when I describe how quickly any Chrysler product would go south and end up at the dealer for weeks and months at a time from brand new just taking the plastic off the seats. Awful beyond belief. Prior to being owned by Fiat (Fix It Again Tony) they really weren't too bad. Also down there with Chrysler and the Kia/Hyundai twins was the oddball Mitsubishi products AKA Mitsushitti :D
Mazda vehicles were very close to Toyota. (at least for their SUVs). I was actually very surprised by them. I was truly saddened by the Chrysler corp stuff though being as we have so much local population working for them. I truly hoped for better

I'm really hoping the board doesn't accept the $6.25 buyout offer. The stock has been hovering between $6-$8 for months. Just because it dropped down to $5 for a week or two doesn't justify a $6.25 buy out. I would be much happier holding my shares for a few years until the economy and the company stabilize themselves and earnings start to grow again. Especially now that freight containers are back down from $12k to $2k.. I'm sure there will be some promotional pressure heading into the holiday season, but nevertheless, we're about to see gross margins skyrocket...

I'm not in the bashing, but Chrysler has always been the low end of vehicles quality. And who can forget the Chrysler outboards that were really total POS.

The Jeep compass.... The worst rental car I ever got stuck with. Hated it. Crappy uncomfortable interior with poor visibility. I was working in a small town when the driver power window refuse to go back up.... On this basically brand new vehicle. Before that, the lighter receptacle fuse was blown and I had to stop and get a new fuse for that for my GPS to work. I called up Avis who told me they would have to charge me $$$ to come bring me a new car. The nearest avis office was 65 mi away. I said well....".It's going to rain tonight and I have a damage waiver " ..... They suddenly became very cooperative. . 90 minutes later a flatbed truck pulled up to my hotel with another rental vehicle for me...... A loaded to the gills Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition with less than 50 mi on it. Big step up.
Ah but long long ago under that corporate Chrysler banner stood the mighty 1970 Cuda, ‘70 RR and Superbird!! I’d take any one of um right now and be a proud owner😎

Me too. Heck even under Daimler control things were lots better. What's happened to them truly saddens me

There is no way for me to respond without ticking someone off. So I’m just going to respond and let the dominos fall the way they will…..

First, we have a couple bunk “articles” on MotorBiscuit. The first touts JD Power which somehow, magically, places two Chrysler brands (Ram and Dodge) atop their rankings, yet slams Chrysler. Which if you knew much you would question….those same Dodge cars that score well are on the EXACT SAME production line as the Chrysler 300. Odd. Chryslers Windsor plant has made the minivans for….a decade or two?

Then we have another bunk article from Consumer Reports, who seems to be “unbiased” only to anything wearing a Toyota nameplate, or a Blue Oval. They are far from neutral, I’ve read their articles and seen glaring misinformation time and again. They are one of the most biased in auto reviews and it shows.

And then we have this peach from LMichaels. I’m sorry guy, but that’s the biggest load of dog doo I’ve ever heard. Chrysler products hardly made it through their maiden voyage without being in the hook?? That’s not only an exaggeration, but it’s an outright fabrication, you know it and I know it. There isn’t a grain of truth in that statement. Chargers are common rentals and great cars. The defunct Dart and 200 were good cars killed too soon, also popular rental rides. I know some of the cheaper Jeeps like the older Compass were rentals and those are frankly a joke.

Chrysler makes all this “junk”, yet they are the ONLY domestic that can manage to sell a sedan, and have the best selling muscle car on the market. And the worlds greatest off road platform in Jeep Wrangler, the Grand Cherokee is wifey loved, and they make the best pickups on the market in Ram.

Chrysler is the engineering company and always has been. They did stuff no one else did, and created true segment shifters.

As I type, I can look outside and see 7 or 8 of my Chrysler products, and there’s another 5 or so at my dads house. And picking up two more within two weeks. I take my Webers seriously, but I REALLY take my Mopars seriously.

And Daimler is the worst thing to ever happen to Chrysler. Chrysler had 22 BILLION on the books from the raging successes that were the k-car, minivan, cab forward cars (Dodge Intrepid and Chrysler 300M/Eagle Vision triplets), and the truly Earth shattering 1994 Ram redesign. Daimler stole every single penny from Chrysler in exchange for the LX platform and dumped the rotting carcass in the gutter. I will never buy a Mercedes because of those thieving Germans.

The Fiat merger is the best thing that’s happened to Chrysler in the last 2 decades and it has resulted in truly great vehicles. There isn’t a manufacturer that can touch Chryslers UConnect system, and we’re nearing a decade of others trying.

Back