WEBR reports sales and plans with Q3 results

And Daimler is the worst thing to ever happen to Chrysler. Chrysler had 22 BILLION on the books from the raging successes that were the k-car, minivan, cab forward cars (Dodge Intrepid and Chrysler 300M/Eagle Vision triplets), and the truly Earth shattering 1994 Ram redesign. Daimler stole every single penny from Chrysler in exchange for the LX platform and dumped the rotting carcass in the gutter. I will never buy a Mercedes because of those thieving Germans.

The Fiat merger is the best thing that’s happened to Chrysler in the last 2 decades and it has resulted in truly great vehicles. There isn’t a manufacturer that can touch Chryslers UConnect system, and we’re nearing a decade of others trying.
I recommend BMW for German. It’s a much better driving experience and higher fun quotient. That is all. I’m sure someone will flame me for saying this. It’s okay. I’m a Luddite. We own 5 of them. 4/5 are manuals. Driving is the best part of my day, every day.

I’ve always wanted the ‘03/‘04 era M3. Manual, inline six, I would slap a turbo on it. Maybe even a drop top version…

I was fresh out of high school and fell in love with them. The styling was just about perfect.

I’ve always wanted the ‘03/‘04 era M3. Manual, inline six, I would slap a turbo on it. Maybe even a drop top version…

I was fresh out of high school and fell in love with them. The styling was just about perfect.
They still are. Nice ones of those, restored and proper are 75k and up now. We have 3 E46’s of the gen you speak. All 3 are manuals. I’m in a M2 which is a modern version of the M3 you reference. Nearly identical size but modern features. I love my car and how it drives and handles. Going for a nice drive this Sat as the weather is forecast to be perfect. Twisties, hills and valleys. I’m excited to fill her up tomorrow in anticipation for my drive. To wine country of course.

A little bit of breathing room.

The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know. At least it’s straight financing and no triggers included. We’ll soon see if Weber trims the number of SKUs when it releases its 2023 dealer price guide.

For the record, I don't manage my own portfolio, and I don't know much about stock trading, but this looks funny. Weber was publicly traded for about a year, and possibly going private again? Looks like anyone who invested for the long term would stand to lose about 2/3rds of what they put in? I wonder if there are (or will be) any winners in this scenario?

I just red that BDT owned a significant piece of Weber before it went public and that they are the same group that wants to take it private again.... Hopefully the product, customer support and brand doesn't suffer.

For the record, I don't manage my own portfolio, and I don't know much about stock trading, but this looks funny. Weber was publicly traded for about a year, and possibly going private again? Looks like anyone who invested for the long term would stand to lose about 2/3rds of what they put in? I wonder if there are (or will be) any winners in this scenario?

I just red that BDT owned a significant piece of Weber before it went public and that they are the same group that wants to take it private again.... Hopefully the product, customer support and brand doesn't suffer.
not uncommon for private investors to push an IPO so they can sell shares and recoup a win and get their hard money back. personally hot happy with the poor performance of Weber since IPO. A bunch of shenanigans and not so smart people were at the top. They got caught with their proverbial pants down as their business ran away from them and lack of ability to control costs.

The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know. At least it’s straight financing and no triggers included. We’ll soon see if Weber trims the number of SKUs when it releases its 2023 dealer price guide.
I wonder if they trim the gas lineup. It seems they have SO MANY versions that frankly, may be too many.

Of course I have no sales data, no margin info, nothing like that, but seems like a hunch that maybe they slim up the (possibly) bloated gas product offering and try to save some money. I don’t see any other product to cut other than maybe the electric grill which probably isn’t a hot seller.

Hate to almost root for slimming product but if it keeps them afloat and healthier, then so be it. Just keep charcoal and I’m happy, pellet isn’t going anywhere.

Back