Weber's new smoker ?

Terry Murphy

TVWBB Fan
A co-worker mentioned that Weber was thinking about coming out with a 14" WSM. I can't find anything about it anywhere. I asked him where he got his information, and he said he couldn't remember
icon_rolleyes.gif
Has anyone heard about this, or maybe seen something on it somewhere ?
Thanks.

Someone here linked to a blog that mentioned that. Weber actually made one that size years ago but apparently it sold poorly and they discontinued it.

I (as well as others) have modified a Smoky Joe with a 32 quart Tamale Pot to make a similar sized WSM.

DSC_1611-PP.JPG

I made mine with the thought of testing various smoking woods but that size has turned out to be so convenient that I use it more than my 18 1/2 WSM. (I'm usually cooking for two but it's a great size for a couple chickens or a 7 lb brisket cut in half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WalterWhite:
Someone here linked to a blog that mentioned that. Weber actually made one that size years ago but apparently it sold poorly and they discontinued it.

I (as well as others) have modified a Smoky Joe with a 32 quart Tamale Pot to make a similar sized WSM.

DSC_1611-PP.JPG

I made mine with the thought of testing various smoking woods but that size has turned out to be so convenient that I use it more than my 18 1/2 WSM. (I'm usually cooking for two but it's a great size for a couple chickens or a 7 lb brisket cut in half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good lord, I'm expecting that thing to turn to the right and start walking towards me. Te handle looks like eyes.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Kennedy:
Good lord, I'm expecting that thing to turn to the right and start walking towards me. Te handle looks like eyes.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to worry, it's very docile!
icon_smile.gif

I wasn't aware that Weber had one out years ago. That's what I like about this site, you learn something new everytime you boot-up. Thank's for all the great feedback, the homemade ones you folks built are nice. I hope Weber does come back out with it. I sent them an e-mail, but still waiting for a reply. Once I hear something, if anything I'll pass it on to. Thank's again.

Chris,
Alright a Mini Bullet ! That was very interesting, it looks like it might of been big enough for a small meatloaf, and a couple potatoes, hey dinner for two! Have you heard anything about Weber coming out with it again?
I e-mailed them, but no response as of yet. Thank You Chris. Terry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WalterWhite:

DSC_1611-PP.JPG

I made mine with the thought of testing various smoking woods but that size has turned out to be so convenient that I use it more than my 18 1/2 WSM. (I'm usually cooking for two but it's a great size for a couple chickens or a 7 lb brisket cut in half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen similar conversions, but never with the pot. That thing is COOL! Can you show some pictures of it disassembled and of the inside?

Cool
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry N.:

I have seen similar conversions, but never with the pot. That thing is COOL! Can you show some pictures of it disassembled and of the inside?

Cool
icon_cool.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's more information than you probably want in this thread: http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...0039023/m/5870049575 including some pix of my first conversion.

Nice avatar, BTW. I sent the original to a friend once with the caption "This is what happens when you feed the bears."
icon_biggrin.gif

Note from Moderator: Please limit signature to 2 lines per this post: Please Shorten Signatures

Back