Weber's New Cookbook Devoted to America's Favorite Food to Grill -- The Hamburger

Rob M

TVWBB Super Fan
Weber's New Cookbook Devoted to America's Favorite Food to Grill -- The Hamburger

PALATINE, Ill., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the company that ignited the backyard grilling revolution more than 60 years ago, announces the release of their first cookbook dedicated to fueling America's passion for the great American burger—Weber's Big Book of Burgers™ (Oxmoor House; April 1, 2014; $21.95; Flexibind—also available as an eBook).

Written by James Beard Award Nominee and New York Times best-selling cookbook author Jamie Purviance, Weber's Big Book of Burgers features 160 recipes covering all the backyard fare people love, including burgers, hot dogs, brats, sausages, sides, and drinks.

"This book pushes burger boundaries," says Purviance, the author of more than a dozen cookbooks for Weber. "After all, a burger is not so much a rigid recipe as it is an idea ready for improvisation. We've loaded readers with fresh, new ideas and created a book that encompasses everything associated with burgers, including fun twists on hot dogs, side dishes, and cocktails. When we say this book is 'BIG,' we mean it covers a huge topic with some surprising approaches."

Highlights include:

Burger recipes range from Bacon and Egg Beef Burgers with Cheddar to upscale Double-Truffled Cheeseburgers with Cornichons. In addition to ground beef, Purviance explores creative takes on burgers using bison, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, seafood, lentils, quinoa, and many more ingredients that offer grillers the must-have source book for all things burgers.

The book also explores famous regional burger favorites in its America the Burgerful section, including Santa Fe, where the green chili cheeseburger rules, to Columbia, South Carolina's own pimento cheeseburger. Throughout history, innovative Americans have experimented with an original and made it their own.

Fun sidebars—such as In Praise of Ketchup and The Glory of Mustard look into the genesis of two of the burgers best friends. Who knew mustard has medicinal qualities and was used by the Greeks to treat scorpion bites?

Weber's Big Book of Burgers also features a wide selection of hot dog, sausage, and brat recipes. An in-depth Sausage and Hot Dog Geography section salutes regional favorites like Classic Chicago-Style Hot Dogs topped with pickled "sport" peppers and neon green relish, and New York Hot Dogs with Sweet Red Onions. In addition, Weber reveals a snapshot of Sheboygan: Home of the Brat, and digs in to the New England*–Style Hot Dog Bun—a sturdy top-loader that provides a stable seat for everything from hot dogs to lobster salad.

Rounding out the recipes for a classic burger-themed cookout, Purviance includes a range of sides and seasonings, including Steak Fries with Rosemary Lemon Aioli, and Jicama Apple Slaw. The book also features 10 delicious drink recipes, including a fresh and tangy Ginger-Lime Margarita. Each recipe comes with a color photo from James Beard Award-winning photographer Tim Turner.

Weber's Big Book of Burgers will be available April 1, 2014 (MSRP: $21.95) wherever books and eBooks are sold, including DIY retailers, hardware stores, mass merchants, patio stores, supermarkets and online. For more information, visit weber.com.

About Weber: Weber-Stephen Products LLC, headquartered in Palatine, Ill., is the world's premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills, grilling accessories and award-winning cookbooks and mobile applications. In 1952, founder George Stephen sparked a backyard revolution with his invention of the Weber® kettle. More than 60 years later, the privately-held company's products are sold worldwide at select national home centers, specialty hardware stores, patio stores and other retail outlets. Weber has the strongest customer support program in the industry with its Weber Grill-LineSM (1-800-GRILL-OUT®). Weber can also be followed on Facebook (www.facebook.com/weberbbq) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/webergrills). Visit www.weber.com for more information.

About Sunset Books
 Sunset Books, a Time Inc. company, is a national publisher with more than 200 titles, Sunset Books publishes books and special edition magazines in partnership with Sunset Magazine with a focus on food, home improvement, outdoor building, home decorating, gardening, and landscaping. Sunset Books are distributed to the trade by Hachette Book Group and are available wherever books are sold. More information is available at www.sunsetbooks.com.

TVWBB Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0376020326/tvwb-20?tag=TVWB-20

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...I am not sure I really yet know how to post/respond here..My first posting disappeared somewhere along the line.

I was hoping to be able to surprize you guys telling you the Weber Big Book of Burgers was now out and available, but Rob M. did it first..and actually did a much better job of talking about it than I would have.

I drew the BurgerGuy...Really. As I drew my way through the pages of recipes, I swear I could smell Burgers...each recipe...each hot dog and sausage recipe. I was believing the studio smelled of burgers. I went to bed, and woke up believing there was burger aroma....even dreaming about so many BurgerGuys running about the studio that I had to be careful not to step on any of them. It really is a great book of recipes. Wait until you see the photos! You will have to be careful not to drool on the pages.

I just had to make some noise.

Linda Kelen

Welcome to our world Linda, except our clothes do smell like burgers and brats most of the time. :)
I checked out the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon and must say your art work is excellent!

WoW Linda you sure got the book QUICK since it was only Released 2 days ago! Please share some recipes

may have to make room on the shelf for this one;)
Linda, you wouldn't happen to know an artist from Door County now living in Florida, Cynthia Harper? :rolleyes:

Super Cool Linda, Must have been tempting working on that!

Thanks for info Bob as I do not have time to read every post on here, as you can see I have been a member since 2006, and only have a few hundred posts, but was a lurker for quite a while before I joined.

Super Cool Linda, Must have been tempting working on that!

Thanks for info Bob as I do not have time to read every post on here, as you can see I have been a member since 2006, and only have a few hundred posts, but was a lurker for quite a while before I joined.
No problem.
I remembered the other post when Linda said that she drew the BurgerGuy.
and I post too much. :)

Linda, it's great to have you join us! As you know from our recent email exchange, I've been a big fan of yours going way back to your artwork in the Weber Grill-Out Times. Good news...I am in the process of securing old issues of the newsletter and hope to put them online soon so that everyone can relive all the fun from way back when! My favorite...a Smokey Mountain Cooker turned on it's side and used as a bobsled by some furry creatures!

Best
Chris

Weber's Big Book of Burgers-more

Well, Hello...hello! Thank-you!
I don't know Cynthia Harper, but I know of a Charlie Harper, artist. Ha! Chris...I thought the sledding spread was great also...I was determined to get Lobsters included. Oh, yes, I do miss the newsletters. They were so much fun to do....and I learned a lot about grillling. I'm just thrilled that we could bring the BurgerGuy back.
Oh,, yes....wait til you see the book. It will make you smile. Got to get to work here...more later.
Linda

I looked at the book this morning in the Woodstock IL Menards store. Lots of cool ideas in it.
So many different ways to make one of my all time grilled favorites.

Back