Weber Summit Kamado

Maybe not a classic ceramic cooker but steel has advantages. Double wall and some thought towards insulation goes a long way.
Hard market to "crack" but they have done somengood work. Will people buy an expensive cooker when the wsm and kettle work so well.
Yes if you give it some catchet. Status. Big green egg, nice and works, convenient...
Now if the pellet machine would get some traction then weber will be in better shape. Residuals help.
Weber has done a pretty good job so far, maybe it is not for everyone but no shame.
And if that were the price of admission it would be paid. Without kettles or wsm...
Anyone here disagree...
Course a Komodo Kamado would look nice.
Until even it becomes a white elephant.

Just sharing, apologies if it’s already been posted. “Dual-walled insulated steel”, so not a true Kamado in my book. I think I’ll hang onto my XL BGE for a while... ;)

These aren’t really new. Weber introduced both grills in 2016. They’ve stripped features from both, dropped the prices, and added Kamado to the name to connote a level of cooking efficiency and flexibility that people associate with ceramic grills. Both are good grills but were overpriced and not adequately marketed and promoted. It will be interesting to see if Weber can get dealers to order them and place them on the sales floor and promote them head-to-head against BGE. Until now, they've been hard to find at most Weber dealers.

Back