Weber Snapcheck instant-read thermometer

Not lots of talk on that one around here. In my experience Weber doesn't make good thermometers.

Check out this post.

Well that new Weber one at least LOOKS good. I would be interested to hear more to find out if this time they got it right. Almost certainly farmed out to an overseas manufacturer of other thermometers, but again it does look pretty cool.

I use this one and can't find a single fault with it. I guess if I were rich a ThermoWorks Thermapen - or this new $99 Weber one - would be nice, but in my experience this TP-19 from ThermoPro does the job EXCELLENTLY and you can get 4 of them for the price of one Thermapen. It seems very rugged, not cheaply made, and has everything I could want (except style like that new Weber one!). Note the rubber sealed battery compartment with a brass screw and brass screw holder. I think a cut above some of the other inexpensive probe thermometers out there.

IMG_4074.jpegIMG_4080.jpeg

Lighting compared to my ThermoPro Thermopop:
IMG_4090.jpeg

I have an off brand instant read similar to the Thermapro, Thermapen and Weber one. It works great and seems to be quite accurate. But if I bought another, I would probably go with the Thermapro like Jon's above. I hear only good things about them and they are 1/3 the price of the Thermapen. I think they look cooler too.

Back