Weber skyline 3200

I'm going to say, start at $400 or better. You can always go lower. Presentation is everything! Lots of pictures. He is going to be looking for that displaced Chicagoan who remembers when Sears & Roebuck and Montgomery Wards were part of everyday life.

EDIT: I guess it all boils down to his motivation for selling and how bad he needs the money. Does he want a quick sale? And it may not be the right time of year to be looking for buyers, with winter and all the holidays coming up...

Last edited:
Given the nice condition and "provenance" with him as the original owner, if I were him I would try for $300 or so. The challenge is finding someone who recognizes that it is not a run of the mill black Genesis.

Getting that - or more as some have suggested - depends a lot I think on the way the inside looks. No pictures of that. It would be worth his while to go all out on cleaning the inside of the hood at a minimum.

Yeah I’d wait for spring, get some beauty shots, and sell its unique aspects. Weave a bit of a story around it, but keep it clear and concise. $400.

(I would pay $400 for that grill if I didn’t have a two burner Skyline already, for which I payed $175 — it was in good, but not perfect, shape)

Thank you all for the info! Had I seen he wanted to sell it two weeks ago I would have bought it for sure. In the middle of a Genesis 1k restore, I'm committed to that....for now :p

Tell him it's old and worth $50 but to help him out you'll give him $75 :D
I was tempted, but then how would I be able to sneak past another grill to the wife?! :p

Honestly though, he was a nice guy. The story goes, he lives right in town. I saw the grill on FB marketplace and when I saw the price and the condition, i'm like "that price is too low for a nice grill like that." So after we bonded a bit on pinball restoration for his grandkids and how the pandemic sucks, I think I convinced him to keep the grill. I don't even know him at all! I felt like I did a good deed. Guess the passion and comradery on this forum has rubbed off on me to help other owners restore their grills. I run a local small engine repair shop in town too so many know of me, and keeping a good honest rep not being too opportunistic is important to me.

Sorry to hijack the thread! This is a nice model @Chad Bierwiler Hope you get the parts you need to fix it up nice!

I was tempted, but then how would I be able to sneak past another grill to the wife?! :p

Honestly though, he was a nice guy. The story goes, he lives right in town. I saw the grill on FB marketplace and when I saw the price and the condition, i'm like "that price is too low for a nice grill like that." So after we bonded a bit on pinball restoration for his grandkids and how the pandemic sucks, I think I convinced him to keep the grill. I don't even know him at all! I felt like I did a good deed. Guess the passion and comradery on this forum has rubbed off on me to help other owners restore their grills. I run a local small engine repair shop in town too so many know of me, and keeping a good honest rep not being too opportunistic is important to me.

Sorry to hijack the thread! This is a nice model @Chad Bierwiler Hope you get the parts you need to fix it up nice!
Gary: "It is just a parts grill honey and I got it for free."

That’s what it really is all about!

Back