Weber Pizza Stone 8836

Looks like it is 14" in diameter. I believe that would typically be considered a "Large" sized pizza.

How does everyone’s stone look after some use?
I am worried I have ruined mine. Pizza got stuck and burned to base, now it looks like this (after I have cleaned it)
EC0A7F22-B163-4AC0-9E78-CF50391D977B.jpeg

I haven't took mine out of the box yet, but plan to do that soon. Might try cooking a frozen pizza first before we try to make one from scratch.

Yours looks fine to me. There is no way to get it spotless clean even without the issues you had.

The pizza stones I use indoors all look pretty 'used'. No way to get around that I think, and really, I don't care what they look like.

It works better that way. All of my stones look like that. They tend to stick less after being seasoned like that. I also love my Weber GBS stone. Retains heat very well.

The longer you use them the less they stick is a fact! I’ve been using the same stone for eleven years. It’s pitch black and nothing sticks to it:D

View attachment 9105

I've only used my stone a few times. How do you clean yours? I know the black stuff won't come off. Do you just use some balled up foil or something to knock off the big chunks and cook on? Or do you use a chemical to clean?

I've only used my stone a few times. How do you clean yours? I know the black stuff won't come off. Do you just use some balled up foil or something to knock off the big chunks and cook on? Or do you use a chemical to clean?
Up until the time it developed its rich mahogany patina, I just scrubbed it with dish soap and one of those woven copper scrub pads. Kind of like the stainless scrub pads, but copper so a little softer.

I bought one of these brushes. Just scrape any crusty stuff off with the scraper on the end and brush it off. Just like cleaning the grates on your grill. The long handle allows you to sweep the corn meal off the stone between pizzas as you are cooking them as well.

1D550DE8-D670-4B1F-870A-62804F33D0B9.jpeg66B4F3BB-0232-42A6-8671-A0ED81E27317.jpeg3CADE4AE-DF64-48BF-8BF1-C7C30E8AA55C.jpeg

I have just used hot water and a scrub brush on mine. The baking stones are porous so all that oil and stuff will just build up over time.

Bought my Weber Pizza Stone around two(2) years ago and it is still unused as I am getting great Charcoal Pizza Results using my Lodge 14" Cast Iron Pizza Pan.

Up until the time it developed its rich mahogany patina, I just scrubbed it with dish soap and one of those woven copper scrub pads. Kind of like the stainless scrub pads, but copper so a little softer.

No, not ever use soap of any kind on these stones. They are very pourous and will soak up the soap which would then leech into your food when cooking.

Only use water and plastic scraper, like these:
145896363107135p.jpeg
Screenshot_20200714-142119.png

This is also how I "clean" all by seasoned cast iron as well. I've also found that they work very well on all pots, pans, baking sheets, and dishes for any cooked on stuff.

No, not ever use soap of any kind on these stones. They are very pourous and will soak up the soap which would then leech into your food when cooking.

Only use water and plastic scraper, like these:
View attachment 9326
View attachment 9327

This is also how I "clean" all by seasoned cast iron as well. I've also found that they work very well on all pots, pans, baking sheets, and dishes for any cooked on stuff.
Have both the Lodge Scraper and the Lodge Brush to clean my Lodge Pizza Pan.

Back