Weber Pizza Oven?

note this is coming from a company that sells baking steel

the top of the line kettle pizza has an extra piece to trap more heat closer to the pie.

p-1588-KPSE-22S-3.jpg

The price is over the top.

Yah, but you just gotta have it. 😲

I was very close to buying one last January after I saw @ChuckO using a kettle pizza on his WSM.

E00F3BA3-77EA-4573-9ED1-A55685E4B0A7_zpshtygntdf.jpg

I also almost bought a GMG pellet pizza cooker after seeing @Rich G make some good looking pies on his pellet.

cfbf9c54-b5c5-4aa9-b2e4-aa7d5be6b45a-jpeg.50417

But, I sold both the WSM and the pellet so money not spent is like money earned, right ?

Assuming getting to 600 degrees is adequate, wouldn't a Genesis 500 or an early silver A with the low hood offer pretty good heating of the top? They keep popping up around me for about $50.

Ed, I think a regular Genesis three burner is good enough....at least for me. The problem I see with the Silver A or 500 is that it might not be big enough front to back for some larger pizzas. They are about 2" smaller than the three burner grills. A sixteen inch pizza wouldn't fit.

TomRC —

I have the KP shroud. Good info that you can get a cheaper version off Etsy. I only sprung for the KP because I stumbled on a screaming deal.

The KP instructions talk about lighting up a wood chunk or chips and putting it in the way back of the unit. You ever try that?

I haven’t tried it yet. Think that would be cool. Get some wood smoke and some rolling live flame.

IDK even know what the price of it is. I just kinda get a kick outta this guy doing these demos. He's weird but funny in an offbeat way. Maybe someone enterprising can make something like this from an old turkey fryer

IDK even know what the price of it is. I just kinda get a kick outta this guy doing these demos. He's weird but funny in an offbeat way. Maybe someone enterprising can make something like this from an old turkey fryer
Agree. But talking about taking the easy way out...take and bake?

Jay, I don't do my own pizzas. I am too lazy. If I did want to do them, I know Larry M. would hook me up with a recipe and instructions, so I kind of liked the Pappa Murphy thing.

I think that if the Blackstone catches on, there will be a lot of outfits making similar units in the next couple years and then the prices will moderate considerably.

I'm willing to take some shortcuts...wish there were more Trader Joe's type doughs available in my area stores. There aren't though. I can experiment with making my own sauce...that's easy. Dough isn't and it requires space in the refrigerator if you start making your own etc...

For what it's worth the latest Blackstone pizza oven is their second generation. There first model came out around 2015 & was later discontinued, it retailed for around $400. The first generation Blackstone oven has an almost cult like following. I don't believe it's a question of it catching on, as followers of Blackstone have long awaited the second generation. Since there is a bit of a learning curve & more work turning a pizza, this unit appeals more to the "plug & play" individual.

Back