Weber Performer Deluxe “Burner Tube” Cleaning

I remove the C-clamp, then remove gas hose but I don’t bother with any other disassembly. I don’t have an air compressor so I scrape biggest gunk out of flame tube with the included Weber wire tool and then just spray water in tube using a garden hose. Just make sure you let it dry throughly to prevent rusting.
I want to purchase this Weber Clip Retaining-Orifice 17(C-Clamp)as a back-up for my Weber Performer Deluxe Burner Tube,so, is this the correct clip?

Attachments

• 2CA39A4E-FBF8-4B3C-9737-5143BBCC5D09.jpeg
    2CA39A4E-FBF8-4B3C-9737-5143BBCC5D09.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 10
  • 44E588FF-5726-4684-82C4-644E6EBDF0CE.jpeg
    44E588FF-5726-4684-82C4-644E6EBDF0CE.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 9
I want to purchase this Weber Clip Retaining-Orifice 17(C-Clamp)as a back-up for my Weber Performer Deluxe Burner Tube,so, is this the correct clip?
That sure looks correct. It looks like the one on my SSP which is identical to what is used on Gen 4 performer.

The price plus shipping looks quite high. You may find it cheaper elsewhere on the web. This one is a bit cheaper:
https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=41552

Weber may be able to get this tiny wire part to you even cheaper.

That sure looks correct. It looks like the one on my SSP which is identical to what is used on Gen 4 performer.

The price plus shipping looks quite high. You may find it cheaper elsewhere on the web. This one is a bit cheaper:
https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=41552

Weber may be able to get this tiny wire part to you even cheaper.
Have a magnet handy for when you drop it. (I had to slowly sweep a magnet over the ground a couple times to find my clip that briefly went MIA while I was switching bowls between my SSP and its donor Gen 4 performer.)

Mike, thanx for your advice.
Mine flew 10 feet when I was taking stuff apart and cleaning it. I luckily found it a day later this was 3 or 4 years ago. When I found it I took a larger heavy duty paper clip and basically using a needle nose pliers and basically made a copy of it which I have never had to use. That clip really does not do all that much when everything is together.

Question, if the C-clip is not installed properly the burner tube will not ignite?

Also ,I installed a new Triple AAA battery inside the igniter Switch as I was lucky that the replaced original battery that came with my WPD purchased new in January,2020 did not leak.

Last edited:
Question, if the C-clip is not installed properly the burner tube will not ignite?

Also ,I installed a new Triple AAA battery inside the igniter Switch as I was lucky that the replaced original battery that came with my WPD purchased new in January,2020 did not leak.
If there is gas and a spark it will ignite with or without a clip. The clip keeps the gas pointed in the right direction. The clip is not a safety feature but simply acts to retain the gas hose into the burner tube.

I removed the screws that secure the table to the frame. Then lifted the table off the frame and that gave me direct access. Pulled the clip and pulled the gas line out of the tube. Used a tube-shaped wire brush and canned air to clean the tube and a brass brush to clean the deposits on the end of the fitting. Put it all back together. Took ten minutes. Works great.
I think this is the best way to clean the tube. If you blow air into the tube without removing it first, you could end up blowing ashes and crap into the orifice.

Thanx for the reply and I plan on replacing the Weber screws with stainless steel screws. What are the size of these screws or are they Weber proprietary screws?

I wonder if you can order the stainless screws from weber. My 2nd gen Performer had factory 304ss screws securing the table. It also came from the factory with a 304ss ash sweep and burner tube.

Back