Weber Part# 70888

CathyThompson

We have had the Weber Summit S-660 (propane) grill since 2020 and were (randomly) sent Part #70888 (latch with spring for rotisserie)... We didn't request this part and aren't having any issues with the grill, so we are stumped as we have NO IDEA what this part is for / where it is supposed to go!!

Anyone out there have any idea / ever seen this part before??

Thanks in advance!
Cathy

IMG-7232.jpg:)IMG-7233.jpg

No idea. It appears from the internet that this part might actually fit your grill. I assume that the rotisserie spit would go through the center of this part. Clearly has a spring loaded latching mechanism that engages with something else.

Looks like something to do with electronics maybe. BUt really don't know. Maybe part of the igniter.

Did it just come out of the blue from Weber?

LOL, well, I guess you inadvertently made it click for me. Point for me, point for you.

Looks like something to do with electronics maybe. BUt really don't know. Maybe part of the igniter.

Did it just come out of the blue from Weber?
Hey Bruce... Yes, completely out of the blue from Weber... no packing slip or instructions - just the part! I've scoured the internet and can't find a single thing about where it goes/what it does!

I found this photo of the backside with it installed in the flip up. It sounds like someone else must have ordered that and they confused your account with them. Do you have your Summit registered with Weber?

20230823.jpg

I found this photo of the backside with it installed in the flip up. It sounds like someone else must have ordered that and they confused your account with them. Do you have your Summit registered with Weber?

View attachment 77649
We do have the grill registered with Weber... and that is EXACTLY what that piece is/does!! We have the grill set into an outdoor kitchen, so we don't have the 'pop-up' part of the rotisserie! Thanks for the photo!

Yah, I am sure that part was meant for another Summit owner and Weber just screwed up "which owner".

OK, come on you ”Part hoarders” and I don’t need to mention names we all know who we are! You’d toss that in your “I might need that some day” parts drawer just like me!
Really, “throw it away“ thats funny!
For clarification…”Parts drawer” = “Junk drawer that I might NEVER need bin”

I hoard parts, but I try to be smart about it. In this case, she didn't have the thing this thing attaches to, or even the spot to install the thing that this thing attaches to. And even if she had all that, the grill/rotisserie would still function without this part at all.

I hoard parts, but I try to be smart about it. In this case, she didn't have the thing this thing attaches to, or even the spot to install the thing that this thing attaches to. And even if she had all that, the grill/rotisserie would still function without this part at all.
Well, yes, but the JOKE was we hoard lots of crap that just filters down to the bottom of the drawer and we only find that part fifteen minutes after the replacement we had to order shows up. You know what I mean, if a miscellaneous part just showed up that I have no use for, I tend to toss It in a drawer…Just in case.

Back