Weber Grilling Spices

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Just want to give everyone a heads up. We use a lot of the Weber grilling spices and for the second time last night the one I used was just about empty. I put it on the pork chops and everything looked fine.
Apparently they use a very fine salt which settles over time and is very hard to see. After grilling the chops we had to throw them out because they were terribly salty and I don’t mean just kind of salty. They were like someone poured a couple of tbs. of salt on them. This is the second time this has happened with two different spices.
So from now on I’m going to shake the container really well before using and when it’s just about empty trash it.

Call Weber customer service. They are liable to ship you some replacement pork chops. They like to keep us happy for the most part.

Rich, for what it's worth, I find most pre mixed spice shakers are way too salty for me. I like salt as much as the next guy but, sometimes they just seem to be too much.
Not much help, sorry about the chops, been there myself.

Good tip, Rich. Funny you posted this because I was in Sam's club today and saw some Weber salt free seasoning that I hadn't seen before. It reminded me of you because I remember you mentioning that you needed to watch your sodium intake when making those cheese potatoes. Have you seen this before? I ended up picking up a small tub of the honey garlic rub.

I use Weber Steak and Chop seasoning on just about everything.
When it gets about 1/4 used I dump in equal amounts of garlic and onion powder (2nd and 3rd on the ingredient list) then give it a good shake.
This stretches it, and cuts down on the salt level.

Rich, for what it's worth, I find most pre mixed spice shakers are way too salty for me. I like salt as much as the next guy but, sometimes they just seem to be too much.
Not much help, sorry about the chops, been there myself.

Good tip, Rich. Funny you posted this because I was in Sam's club today and saw some Weber salt free seasoning that I hadn't seen before. It reminded me of you because I remember you mentioning that you needed to watch your sodium intake when making those cheese potatoes. Have you seen this before? I ended up picking up a small tub of the honey garlic rub.

Got them both and they're pretty good.

Last edited:
I use Weber Steak and Chop seasoning on just about everything.
When it gets about 1/4 used I dump in equal amounts of garlic and onion powder (2nd and 3rd on the ingredient list) then give it a good shake.
This stretches it, and cuts down on the salt level.

That's funny because that's the one that nailed us last night, would never have thought that it would at 5% sodium.
Really like your idea about adding the garlic and onion, going to start doing that too.

Sadly that happens with a lot of spices and flour's ect that have more than 1 ingredient,the more they are handled the more the heavier spices will go to the bottom.I always look to see if some bottles are more full than others when buying.Putting them into larger containers with room to shake them up works well for me

I use the Sriracha Garlic by Weber on burgers and love it, but this is a great "heads up". Will try to keep it well shaken, and probably toss it when its almost done.

But a great seasoning, btw.

Back