Weber Genesis Silver "C" Full Restoration

RichardTroy

Weber Genesis Silver "C" from 2002/2003 in Burgundy. The grill was in good shape, the surfaces were cleaned and the internals were replaced with new parts. Stainless Solid Grill Grates, Stainless Flavorizor bars, the Burners were in excellent shape, so they remain. The lid is as clean as the day it was new, the drip tray and catch pan are in shiny new condition. The only cosmetic thing is the wheels on the cart, the downtube on the front left had been shortened, so I added a caster wheel to make up the difference in length so its stable and level. ignitor works, but I have a new one ready to install in the box and can be included. Also, I have the enamel grates that are also in excellent condition, and are included. PM me for more details. Richard Asking $350.0020220718_202834.jpg20220718_202902.jpg20220722_202107.jpg20220718_202932.jpg20220722_201642.jpg20220718_202956.jpg20220722_201623.jpg

Weber Genesis Silver "C" from 2002/2003 in Burgundy. The grill was in good shape, the surfaces were cleaned and the internals were replaced with new parts. Stainless Solid Grill Grates, Stainless Flavorizor bars, the Burners were in excellent shape, so they remain. The lid is as clean as the day it was new, the drip tray and catch pan are in shiny new condition. The only cosmetic thing is the wheels on the cart, the downtube on the front left had been shortened, so I added a caster wheel to make up the difference in length so its stable and level. ignitor works, but I have a new one ready to install in the box and can be included. Also, I have the enamel grates that are also in excellent condition, and are included. PM me for more details. Richard Asking $350.00View attachment 56141View attachment 56146View attachment 56140View attachment 56142View attachment 56143View attachment 56144View attachment 56145
Nice looking grill. The maroon or burgundy lid looks great on that model

Very nice job. I am in King George, VA and have just cleaned up the same grill in black to flip. I am just waiting on a new drip tray to list it. The old one was mounted in the firebox instead of under and totally rusted out as it has about 5lbs of rust in it. I had to remove the burner tubes to get it out and dump the rust. Good luck on the sale. Do you have it on FBM and Clist? I am finding the market here a little slow as I think most people who wanted grills already bought them. Maybe it will pick up around Labor Day.

Very nice job. I am in King George, VA and have just cleaned up the same grill in black to flip. I am just waiting on a new drip tray to list it. The old one was mounted in the firebox instead of under and totally rusted out as it has about 5lbs of rust in it. I had to remove the burner tubes to get it out and dump the rust. Good luck on the sale. Do you have it on FBM and Clist? I am finding the market here a little slow as I think most people who wanted grills already bought them. Maybe it will pick up around Labor Day.
Joe, its up on FBM but I haven't seen much action, wondering if this is a desirable model/color or if I just don't have enough exposure. Anyway, if no one is interested, I will just keep it and do a complete restoration on my Genesis 3000 Red head. lets see your Silver C when it's done!

Weber Genesis Silver "C" from 2002/2003 in Burgundy. The grill was in good shape, the surfaces were cleaned and the internals were replaced with new parts. Stainless Solid Grill Grates, Stainless Flavorizor bars, the Burners were in excellent shape, so they remain. The lid is as clean as the day it was new, the drip tray and catch pan are in shiny new condition. The only cosmetic thing is the wheels on the cart, the downtube on the front left had been shortened, so I added a caster wheel to make up the difference in length so its stable and level. ignitor works, but I have a new one ready to install in the box and can be included. Also, I have the enamel grates that are also in excellent condition, and are included. PM me for more details. Richard Asking $350.00View attachment 56141View attachment 56146View attachment 56140View attachment 56142View attachment 56143View attachment 56144View attachment 56145
Nice grill! Great color........

hey @RichardTroy nice looking silver C.

I checked out your FBM ad. for some reason this is how it is displayed. Maybe changing the ad so the first three pictures are different views of the grill with the lid-down showing the beauty of the maroon lid.

This is the view I got when I searched in your town. Maybe it's random...

1658866414011.png

I also think grills are, unfortunately, on the list of things people worried about gas and food prices are pushing down on their lists. I see a lot of grills for sale in my area not getting any action. I had a $145 kettle (now $239 in stores) in PERFECT as new condition with extras and got only one brief inquiry with no follow up in weeks of listing. I canceled the ad for now and will try again later.

I also think grills are, unfortunately, on the list of things people worried about gas and food prices are pushing down on their lists. I see a lot of grills for sale in my area not getting any action. I had a $145 kettle (now $239 in stores) in PERFECT as new condition with extras and got only one brief inquiry with no follow up in weeks of listing. I canceled the ad for now and will try again later.
Same here Jon. Been looking for a 3000 or a C to get the side burner off of. Nothing! Same grills have been listed for months nothing is moving.

I really just think it is seasonality. Look at what is happening in the new grill market with sales way off. Most people who wanted grills already got them. It is also really hot outside for a lot of people to think about grilling. People are also going away on vacation. I am cautiously optimistic that it may pick up somewhat around Labor day.

Weber Genesis Silver "C" from 2002/2003 in Burgundy. The grill was in good shape, the surfaces were cleaned and the internals were replaced with new parts. Stainless Solid Grill Grates, Stainless Flavorizor bars, the Burners were in excellent shape, so they remain. The lid is as clean as the day it was new, the drip tray and catch pan are in shiny new condition. The only cosmetic thing is the wheels on the cart, the downtube on the front left had been shortened, so I added a caster wheel to make up the difference in length so its stable and level. ignitor works, but I have a new one ready to install in the box and can be included. Also, I have the enamel grates that are also in excellent condition, and are included. PM me for more details. Richard Asking $350.00
@RichardTroy @DanHoo is correct. You pictures need re-ordering and also need the white balance corrected as they are all too bluish. Price may be a little on the high side as I usually get between $275-$300 for those. But I hope you get $325 or close to it.

I agree the seson is over looking at buying grills. The spring is a better sales time for this kind of thing. I will log out of my Facebook account and see the add to see why it looks different to you guys. Not really experienced at the whole listing on fb thing. Thanks!

I really just think it is seasonality. Look at what is happening in the new grill market with sales way off. Most people who wanted grills already got them. It is also really hot outside for a lot of people to think about grilling. People are also going away on vacation. I am cautiously optimistic that it may pick up somewhat around Labor day.
Joe, I hope you turn out to be correct and wish you success in your sales.

Another suggestion... FBM has "sold" listings. If you look to see what's selling it might help set pricing.

The sold listings may not be accurate on price if someone negotiates a lower price, but I think it is a fair barometer of what's selling.

I'm not sure if this link will work so I included a screen shot.

1658877811550.png

Back