Weber Genesis (early 2000s) restoration, which cover should I buy?

TylerHonschopp

As the title states, I'm in the process of recovering an early 2000s model Genesis 3 burner and currently picking out replacement parts...

Curious if anyone had suggestions for a grill cover. I'm debating to just go generic from Amazon as they seem to be roughly half the price of the Weber ones. I was thinking ebay could be a good option for an OEM weber cover to save a little money, anyone know which model covers would be a good fit for the Genesis Silver B 3-burner?

Thoughts and opinions on going third party as opposed to OEM?

The OEM covers are totally not worth it.

I like the covers from Zober -- $12 bucks on Amazon. Weber OEM is cover is like $75?

Nice durable fabric, handles, vents. Put it on backwards so no one sees the logo. I buy the gray ones now, since any black cover is bound to fade. Only issue is that they only make a 58 inch -- I think a Silver B would use a 55 inch. But I like my covers looser for airflow purposes.

Plenty of other good brands on amazon.

The OEM covers are totally not worth it.

I like the covers from Zober -- $12 bucks on Amazon. Weber OEM is cover is like $75?

Nice durable fabric, handles, vents. Put it on backwards so no one sees the logo. I buy the gray ones now, since any black cover is bound to fade. Only issue is that they only make a 58 inch -- I think a Silver B would use a 55 inch. But I like my covers looser for airflow purposes.

Plenty of other good brands on amazon.
I'm seeing Zober covers for $32 on Amazon. Inflation, perhaps? $25 is probably as cheap as I'd like to go, don't want the cheapest, want something that will last at least several years.

Don't worry about how much they cost. Best covers I ever saw or bought regardless of brand came from Amazon and cost me less than $20. One is on my Big Z grill right now, the other is on my Wolf. The one on the Z was first bought for my Genesis. Had for about a years now. Heavy weight great stitching, zipper to help with putting it on, vents and handles. Truly about the best cover I have ever seen bar none. Here is a link. Sadly like many things at Costco and Amazon, they're typically "one off" pieces. But, I think they all come from the same few companies in China as I see lots of similarities

This has worked for me a couple of times. I pick up OEM Weber covers that aren't necessarily designed for my grill at about 75% off at the end of the season.

58 inch Zober is a lower than normal $12 bucks on Amazon today. Normally $25-30.

Mine has been going for several years. Really nice.

7552 is not for a Silver B. Way too wide.

For a Silver B, you want 53-55 wide for a close fit; 58 wide for a loose fit.

Unicook and KingKong brands are pretty nice.

I put all my non Weber covers on backwards. So only the wall sees the whatev logo.

58 inch Zober is a lower than normal $12 bucks on Amazon today. Normally $25-30.

Mine has been going for several years. Really nice.

7552 is not for a Silver B. Way too wide.

For a Silver B, you want 53-55 wide for a close fit; 58 wide for a loose fit.

Unicook and KingKong brands are pretty nice.

I put all my non Weber covers on backwards. So only the wall sees the whatev logo.
I have a King Kong cover (from Amazon) on my year 2000 Silver C. Fits perfectly, velcro tighteners on both ends, keeps the bird poop and dirt off the grill. It *does* sometimes cause condensation to linger on the grill depending on weather conditions. The cover is now about a full year old and has shown no signs of aging (except the logo has faded a little). Overall, I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
Only question is whether if you have a Genesis 3, doesn't it have the side burner and is longer on the right than the left? If so, I don't think that cover will fit correctly vs. the one I posted before:

BriolPro Accessories 7552 Grill Cover with Brush and Tongs for Weber Genesis Silver / Gold / 2000 - 5500 Gas Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HTC7OCI/?tag=tvwb-20

Thanks for the replies everyone, I decided to go with the Unicook 55" off Amazon. $28 + sales tax. Seems to have pretty good reviews and I like the price point compared to the weber version which goes for $80-90ish.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F8TBJKC/?tag=tvwb-20
A friend has the Unicook on their 2016 E310 and it is a good cover.

The grill is outside in the rain and sun and it is holding up well after almost 2 years.

It collects a little moisture after a hard rain, but it breathes well and dries out well.

I don't doubt the Unicook is a good cover, but the one posted is for grills with equal size tables left and right. Doesn't the Genesis 3 have the long right side because of the side burner? I would think to fit at all well, that it would require a cover with the extra length on the right side.

I don't doubt the Unicook is a good cover, but the one posted is for grills with equal size tables left and right. Doesn't the Genesis 3 have the long right side because of the side burner? I would think to fit at all well, that it would require a cover with the extra length on the right side.

I initially thought the ask was about a "Genesis 2000" with the extended RH side, but I think @TylerHonschopp has a Genesis Silver B.

Not really sure, except Amazon has a good return policy if the cover does not fit...

Back