Weber genesis 4000 or 5000 ?

For a red hood, if it doesn't respond to a thorough cleaning (which I don't think will work for this one), I would just give up on it and do as suggested to see what you can find as a replacement. They aren't all that hard to find if you are patient.

Now for that Genesis 4 lid, I personally would tolerate some fade (I hope it doesn't have any) because you won't find one like that very often.

Oh, yah, I didn't realize it had the pin stripes. Those are rare and hard to come by. The function of the lid is not and issue, so you can just use it until a suitable replacement lands in your lap.

Bruce,

I think he has several. The one with the fade looks to be a plain red. But the initial post was about a Genesis 4000 - actually it appears a 4 - that had the maroon hood with stripes. As you know those are really rare, so keeping it regardless makes sense.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Bruce,

I think he has several. The one with the fade looks to be a plain red. But the initial post was about a Genesis 4000 - actually it appears a 4 - that had the maroon hood with stripes. As you know those are really rare, so keeping it regardless makes sense.
Jon,
You sure about that? It appears the hood the OP pictured is the same pinstriped hood in both pictures. Either way, that hood looks like a goner.

Jeff

Jon,
You sure about that? It appears the hood the OP pictured is the same pinstriped hood in both pictures. Either way, that hood looks like a goner.

Jeff
Jeff, you are correct. It's the angle in the second shot that makes the lines a lot less noticeable. Good eye

Bruce,

it's the same grill jon , and the colors in reality look more like pink or salmon but with all your info you gave to me i am pretty sure it's a a 4000 or 4 with a *mauve* colors . it have the stripes and the serving trays match

OK, well my eyes aren't as good! Well, like I said, I would hold on to and use that hood, even badly faded, because it is very uncommon. You can keep an eye out for an opportunity to replace it someday, but it won't come quickly. I personally would rather have the matching hood, faded, than one that isn't faded but isn't the right one for this uncommon grill. My thought is that its historical merit should be preserved as much as possible.

OK, well my eyes aren't as good! Well, like I said, I would hold on to and use that hood, even badly faded, because it is very uncommon. You can keep an eye out for an opportunity to replace it someday, but it won't come quickly. I personally would rather have the matching hood, faded, than one that isn't faded but isn't the right one for this uncommon grill. My thought is that its historical merit should be preserved as much as possible.
yeah i think the same ,but i really don't know what to do . i have the possibility to made one with my 2 genesis . each one need some different part . i have a 1100 lp redhead in pretty good condition . but when i found the mauve one i just fall in love with the size and the look . so maybe put the redhead lid on it and all more shape part . but i will keep this lid in storage and maybe have the chance to find another one .

here is a photo of my first project DAF4E95C-847A-419F-8327-23A0F2A5CDDC.JPG

That is a Propane Genesis 4 sold intially in Canada. It was manufactured prior to 1993
wow ! what you just enter when they asked the serial number !? i juste try all possibility and find nothing . yesterday i found on this site what to check exactly but i dont remember where

Joe, that number won't help. You may see some date stamps on the bottom of the grill box or inside of the lid end caps. But that will be a manufacture date of that part. That date could be a year or two older than the actual manufacture date of the entire grill.
If you post up a couple good photos of the grill, someone on here should be able to give you reasonable date range on it.

Last edited:
Fwiw, my 1997 Maroon 4000 has the gray stripes as well. Mine looks exactly the same but without the Flame Check.

Back