Weber Genesis 1000 LP manifold

SteveR

TVWBB Member
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone had an extra LP manifold that would fit a 1000. The middle valve is stuck and i have been trying to open the valve and clean/lubricate it. The screws are completely rusted/corroded making this impossible. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve, They are pretty common and hopefully someone can help you out. Otherwise, I think I have a spare in my shed, but I won't be able to get to it for a month or so.

I might, or I may have just a valve. They unscrew from the manifold. Simply reinstall with some PTFE gas pipe dope

Oh, yah, I might have just a valve as well. I know I have a few, just not sure if they are Silver B's or 1000's.

How difficult is it to swap out a valve? Can I just purchase a new valve instead of the whole manifold?

Like I said. You simply unscrew it, put a little PTFE compound on the threads and screw in the new one. EZ PZ

Someone will have a used one. If not, I will brave the snow and cold and check my shed. But, first, I will wait for someone else to hopefully chime in.
Don't buy a new one if you don't have to.

I believe continuous

They are fixed if propane, you probably don't need a new valve, you just need to get it out and lube it per the instructions in one of the threads probably nothing wrong with it. The problem is if you stripped the screws which it sounds like you did that is a different issue, the last 2 I did I soaked them in PB and I put a Phillips bit on my ratchet which got them out the screwdriver did not get you a lot of leverage.

Your going to have to drill it out no easy task, Rich Dahl found the correct screws but my guess is by the time you drill it out they won't fit but if you fill it with JB weld you should be okay you can tap it as its only epoxy. Find my 1000 Redhead thread there is another method where you and I used this on the grease tray coat the screw with machine oil or whatever, fill the stem then insert the screw after it dries a minute or so then turn the screw halfway leave it there to dry. Then come back later and screw it down but however those are screws these are not so the only choice might be tapping it.

Sounds rather complicated. I’d honestly rather just replace the valve, if I can get a used one on here great, if not I’m ok with spending 25 dollars.

It is stepped. And even the Silver B is not always continuous. I had one that was stepped so it's luck of the draw there

Larry, when you say it is "stepped" what exactly is that? ON my 1000, it is very responsive to turning the knob. Barely moving it will increase/decrease temps on my grill

IT simply means there are 3 distinct "clicks" though in most cases the valves are so worn the "click" are not felt or audible but if you look at the valve spool there are3 distinct "holes" or orifices low/med/high
The continuous ones are just that. There is no "click", the valve spool looks VERY different as well with a continuous "slot" that varies in size from low to high. Basically the phenomenon you're seeing is simply that between the distinct openings gas really cannot flow and so you will see the flame go down (sometimes it will even go out). Though if you look at the spool you'll see there is a larger opening around each distinct hole to help avoid the flame going out between settings.
Outwardly it is hard to tell which valve you have and there is no set "rule" as someone wrongly noted that a NG Silver B would have continuous and an LP version "Stepped". Not true as I had a NG Silver B and it distinctly had stepped valves. It just depended on who supplied the manifold to Weber.

My 1998 1000LX has continuous valves so sometime later in the 1000 series they might have changed.

Again there is no rhyme or reason. It's whoever supplied the manifold. Weber simply bought from different suppliers and it is lick of the draw. There is no hard fast rule i.e. if you have XX model you have XX type valves. So 2 people with identical grills and such can have different manifolds and different valves but as whole the manifold is interchangeable. IOW as long as they were built to a spec for size, and flow rates they went on the grill.

I will have to check mine at some point. Too tired now. Just hiked out to the shed to check on the spare Genny 1000 valves. The bad news is that after trecking out there through the snow, I realize I forgot the combo on the lock. The good news, I have a couple HF angle griders with cutting wheels already on them. The bad news is that I have to run 150 feet of extension cord out to the shed through the snow again. The good news, the HF angle grinder cut it off in about 15 seconds of cutting. The bad news, it took me 15 minutes to clean the snow and ice from in front of the doors to get into the shed. THe good news, I found the stash of spare valves. The bad news, I only had Silver B/C valves. The good news, I probably have a spare 1000 manifold somewhere in the parts pile. The bad news, it isn't on the top of the pile.

So SteveR, unless you can find a valve from another member, you will have to wait a month or so until I can pull my parts out for the upcoming season.

I tried.

Back