Weber gas kettle popped up on CL

Don't waste your money. My parents had one and my friend. They're about as awful a "grill" as you can possibly imagine. Don't let the performance of a charcoal kettle fool you into thinking these work........................they don't

I cannot see an advantage to that over a regular gasser if you want a functional grill.

That goes along with everything I have heard. For someone with money and space to spare it would still be a cool collection piece. I only have the desire, not the money or space:rolleyes:!

It's too bad to hear they don't work well, it'd be a cool mid-week time crunch cooker for a charcoal kettle fan! Is the apparent lack of flavor bars / flareups the issue? If so does that big saucer thing in the middle help at all? Or is that for some other purpose

I've heard that they were pretty bad. My Weber kettle gasser cooks great, it only can be used for indirect cooking but it makes the best whole chickens ever. Did a couple of beef roasts that came out very good also.

That goes along with everything I have heard. For someone with money and space to spare it would still be a cool collection piece. I only have the desire, not the money or space:rolleyes:!

Haha Jon when I saw the title of this I immediately thought of you.

Yah, any time I see something odd or out of the ordinary, I think of Jon as well. LOL ;)

Yah, any time I see something odd or out of the ordinary, I think of Jon as well. LOL ;)

Wow! My reputation, I guess, is sealed;)!

I admit that it caught my attention, and if I had plenty of money and somewhere to put it that I would love to have it as an item in my "Weber Museum". Since I don't, it is just not functional enough and too expensive in my opinion. I would rather have a Genesis I with the wide slats!

Back