Weber Family Portraits

Mi Familia Weber....

FGosXzq.jpg

From left to right then middle...
Weber Genesis Platinum C
Genesis II E-310
Genesis 3000 C (3000 and Silver C mashup)
Weber 22" Kettle premium

Last edited:
This is only a small sample of my Weber family. These are all occupying space in
my office right now as a reminder to order grates, sweeps, or whatver they need
to be completed.

33SVFfpl.jpg

Hey wow. Some really cool kettles!
I like your red smokey joe with that offset handle, very cool.

Jan, nice collection there. I saw your earlier photo a page back where you put the whole collection out on your lawn. That is impressive. I would like to see a picture showing how you store the collection. Do you have a separate barn for all of these goodies?

Hey Bill,

in the meantime I have more than 60 Webers. I'm about to sell a few because I'm running out of space.
I have 20 in the attic. 12 in the cellar, 5 in my office room 20 in my garage, 4 in my pavilion. 1 is on my porch at the mo.

Jan

Last edited:
in the meantime I have more than 60 Webers. I'm about to sell a few because I'm running out of space.
I have 20 in the attic. 12 in the cellar, 5 in my office room 20 in my garage, 4 in my pavilion. 1 is on my porch at the mo.

Amazing. Where do you get most of your grills? From something like Craigslist? When you have a grill with rusty legs or grates, do you remove the rust or do you prefer to replace them with new parts?

I started to look through your blog. Came across this one.
https://mogschrauber.de/a-new-member-of-my-bbq-team-7/
It’s a US grill and you had to adapt it to a German tank. Was this adapter something you were able to get at a local hardware store?

What brand of charcoal do you like to use? I find it fascinating to see the stuff available in other parts of the world and how it can be different from what we get here in the US.

Hi,

Yes we have something similar to Craigslist. That‘s my main source.
I’m restoring nearly everything only it’s completely rotten :)
I think you could see that on my blog too.

The adaptor for the Performer you can buy here online from dealer who’s core competence is “everything for gas”.

I use Weber Briketts most of the time. If I really need some extra heat I use Lump charcoal from a German company.
But Weber Briketts are simply the best Briketts available here in Germany (in my opinion).

They were all sold as red. No special color.
The left one has no fade and it will not get noticeable dark when getting hot.
The middle and the right have each a lid fade and both will get super dark when getting hot.

Nice. When I was a kid my dad had a basic little 18" kettle with that darkest red finish. It's so cool how it gets darker. I need to find one.

Ahhh you guys have infected me with the bug!

Some of ya'll are crazy haha. I'll work on getting a picture this spring. I have a 96 MT that i restored (love that thing) and a 18.5" WSM right now. Currently trying to see if i can get a gasser to restore, but if that falls through i'm buying a spirit ii this spring.

For what it's worth, the link in the email took me to the very first posting in this thread instead of the first unread post.

Back