Weber Family Portraits

My wife just gave me the "stink eye" for mentioning another grill purchase (used kettle off Kijiji or CL). I only have my Napoleon gasser and my Performer and thought maybe I had a problem......until I read through this post. WOW........if I have a problem some of your dudes are off the charts ;).

Small but happy family.

IMG_0770-1_zps762930ba-1_zps451a9b1f.jpg

Hey Dwain I would love to see your grills with the covers off! Come on show those babies off, I love pictures of grills you know....

Brian

When finding some of these old grills what are you guys evaluating value on? Reds seem to be very coveted based on many posts here. How bad does an older kettle have to be for you to pass it up? How do you restore them to a better condition?

My ever growing family picture (looking for a performer), plus my high tech security. So if you ever try to steal my webers, better bring a tennis ball :)

sm8_zps0242293b.jpg

sorry you didn't get an answer.
any color that you desire will decide the price you are willing to pay. be carefull of the condition cuz rehabing can and will cost you.
so take that into mind when choosing between like grills and differant conditions. if you never see one you want then this alone will
be desireable regardless of price. i have a limit on what i will pay but thats just me. if a kettle is severally rusted then its time to pass unless its crazy cheap.
some will go to lengths to rebuild/paint them but i don't. i just get them functional, war wounds and all.

When finding some of these old grills what are you guys evaluating value on? Reds seem to be very coveted based on many posts here. How bad does an older kettle have to be for you to pass it up? How do you restore them to a better condition?

IMG_0463_zps3240b327.jpg

My new 22.5" that I got for my Graduation/Christmas/30th B-day and still have not used cause it has been nasty here in Humble plus, on my b-day I was watching step kids while they were sick and ended up catching their bug.

How do you restore them to a better condition?

Lots of info on this subject in this forum...

• Click on Advanced Search below the search box at the top of the page.
  • On the Advanced Search page, click the tab "Search Single Content Type".
  • Use keyword "restoring".
  • Select "Weber Charcoal Grills" in the scroll box "Search in Forums".
  • Click Search Now.

You'll gets lots and lots of past discussion on the ins and outs of restoring older kettles.

Regards,
Chris

Well this is a really dark photo, but there you go. This is my 22.5" code DO (2005) OTS. Sure the ash pan is full and bent up, sure the handle is melted where I propped the hot lid on it, but I love it and at least it gets stored indoors (not always the case).

Weber on....

WeberDO_zps1e503242.jpg

On the front covered patio we have the Performers:

DSCN1136_zps79ee1139.jpg

Out back is the rest of the gang:

DSCN1176_zpsc0760dcd.jpg

The only guy doing any work around here:

DSCN1037_zpsa0eeb628.jpg

Almost everyone in the picture including the 69 Cado and the Red MT:

DSCN1319_zps192fbba7.jpg

The youngsters:

DSCN1353_zps68b47f4f.jpg

The little square wga:

DSCN1373_zpsbc050e90.jpg

Last edited:
Updated family picture. I was given a Silver B gas grill for rehab. After a little elbow grease I know have an all Weber family.

Back