Weber Coconut Shell Charcoal

Interesting!

I'd certainly give them a try if they were here. Probably add more flavor than those infused Kingsford briquettes...

Sorta interesting. Coconut shells are used to make most activated charcoal for chemical adsorption waste treatment because of high porosity and surface area for adsorption.. big business for calgon.

TonyUK has told me about several versions of the shell product. It would be nice to try some. I have some Pok Pok Than that I thought would be the perfect for the Go Anywhere but, mine is still a virgin. Rarely do I only use a small grill even though I generally cook for two.
I think using the GA for a nice skewer cook would be great fun for a “self serve” dinner party! The Pok Pok Than is supposed to have a longer burn time which would be perfect! Has anyone used any of that?

Alright @John Burns what gives!?? The BBQ capitol of the world (US) doesn’t get Weber briqs, nor some colors of kettles, nor these briqs, but Europe does? 🤣
Soooo....

It's a complex situation, and while I have no info that I'm at liberty to share right now, we haven't given up on a Weber briquette offering for the US. Good things come to those that wait. ;)

As for colors, the US now has the widest range of color options in the world. The pendulum has swung and now Europe has very few color offerings.

For comparison...

US:
Smokey Joe Premium - Slate, Smoke, Ivory, Spring Green, Crimson
22" Original Kettle - Slate (True Value exclusive)
22" Original Kettle Premium - Indigo (Ace Hardware exclusive), Copper, Green, Crimson (Co-op exclusive)
22" Master-Touch - Slate, Smoke, Ivory, Spring Green, Deep Ocean Blue, Burnt Orange (Weber.com exclusive), Fog Gray (Weber.com exclusive)
70th Anniversary Kettle - Hot Rod Yellow, Rock N Roll Blue, Diner Green, Hollywood Gray
Performer Deluxe - Slate (Crate & Barrel exclusive), Copper, Green, Crimson (Co-op exclusive)

Europe:
Smokey Joe Premium - Slate, Smoke, Ivory, Spring Green, Crimson
Master-Touch C-5750 - Slate, Smoke, Deep Ocean Blue
70th Anniversary Kettle - Hollywood Gray

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I’m not looking for another unit in any color (well stocked on that front) but, some of the European accessories look pretty interesting, as well as the coconut charcoal.
Keep us posted John!

Yes forgot about the accessories as well haha. Thanks John, it has been VERY nice seeing the colors coming out of the woodwork last couple years. Hit the right color and it’s a guaranteed sell for lots of kettleheads even if we don’t need them….

We can't get the SF Sear + in the UK.
I work on the Charcoal Product Management team, so I'm not privy to all of the business decision regarding the Pellet category, but generally product assortments vary by region based on demand from the local teams. Sorry, I know that's a vague answer, but it's also probably pretty accurate.

Yes forgot about the accessories as well haha. Thanks John, it has been VERY nice seeing the colors coming out of the woodwork last couple years. Hit the right color and it’s a guaranteed sell for lots of kettleheads even if we don’t need them….
As I mentioned to Paul, the assortment varies regionally based on local demand. Europe does have some pretty cool accessories. I'd love to see all things equal globally, but some things just don't seem to resonate with local consumers as much as others, and depending on where it's sourced from it might not make sense to send it halfway around the world to sell 50 of them a year.

Working on making new color kettles is just about my favorite part of the job. I love putting new ones out into the world for fans to add to their collection! Bringing home grills is an occupational hazard for me, but I've got a 26" Glen Blue, Hot Rod Yellow 70th Kettle, which were both projects of mine, as well as a Limited Edition Red Kettle (that was made before I joined Product Management), as well as a Summit Charcoal, SmokeFire EX4, Spirit E-310, Spirit II E-310, 18" SMC, and an Ivory Smokey Joe Premium.

John, Thanks for working on making new colors. I too have the 26" Glen Blue and the Hot Rod Yellow. Love both of the colors. I'm afraid if I worked there I would have many more/too many grills. I think my wife says I already do.

John, Thanks for working on making new colors. I too have the 26" Glen Blue and the Hot Rod Yellow. Love both of the colors. I'm afraid if I worked there I would have many more/too many grills. I think my wife says I already do.
I'm glad to hear that you love your Glen Blue and Hot Rod Yellow!

Yea, I've had to downsize a little over the years. I conceded to giving away 3 of my grills over the past year to try and keep the peace at home.

I seem to be mostly a “Basic black and pearls” kind of guy. Exceptions are the maroon 18 (Overperformer) and the 1000 Genesis. I have a spare Blue lid for that in the garage!

I seem to be mostly a “Basic black and pearls” kind of guy. Exceptions are the maroon 18 (Overperformer) and the 1000 Genesis. I have a spare Blue lid for that in the garage!
Crimson is about as close as we come to the Maroon/Plum color these days, but I'd love to see it make a comeback, at the very least as an exclusive or limited edition offering. It's a nice color!

So now it is a poll thread and the winning colour combo is what we can expect you to request????......:ROFLMAO:
Sounds like a pretty cool job btw.

Back