Weber Charcoal

BenGatchell

TVWBB Member
So I have been on the hunt for Weber charcoal and can't seem to find any. My buddy works for TrueValue and said Weber is not going to make charcoal anymore. Can anyone verify this?

Yeah it does. So strange a company would stop making a popular product. I guess they weren't making a good profit margin on it.
I understand them making a limited run on a kettle in a certain color, like the Glen Blue, but getting rid of the charcoal is head-scratching.
What is your go to now? I ordered some Chef Select's premium and Jealous Devil Maxxx XL All Natural Hardwood Charcoal Pillow to see what I think.

What is your go to now? I ordered some Chef Select's premium and Jealous Devil Maxxx XL All Natural Hardwood Charcoal Pillow to see what I think.
Personally I really like the Kingsford Pro for smoking lasts a good bit runs nice and hot and its a good deal at Costco in the double bag but they don't carry charcoal this time of year. I have a ton of Weber charcoal from years ago and yes it is my favorite for smoking but I don't think you would be disappointed with the Pro. To be honest in my performer doing wings and such I just use KB have a few bags left when those are gonna will hit the Weber again.

I also like Kingsford Pro. It's my go to charcoal because I think it's pretty dang good for the price.

I did recently get a big bag of the Jealous Devil XL briqs and I really liked them, but not sure it's totally worth the premium price.

I like B&B charcoal when I can find it. I have to stalk the Academy website to find it near me. I scored some bags of Weber from a guy’s stash who was willing to sell me some at a reasonable price. That should keep for a little while.

I like B&B charcoal when I can find it. I have to stalk the Academy website to find it near me. I scored some bags of Weber from a guy’s stash who was willing to sell me some at a reasonable price. That should keep for a little while.
Wondering what the Weber restaurant in Chicago uses now?

My local Lowes just started stocking the B&B lump and briquets so you might check there.

When I saw you added to this thread I knew you were going to be showing off you stash!!!! Everything I look at my 3 and a half bags left, I think this is nothing compared to what Jim has😤😉.

if you got 12 kids to feed, you don't buy one box of Wheaties, do ya??
Get It Grillin', Michael!!
every day, every week, every month all year long!

if you got 12 kids to feed, you don't buy one box of Wheaties, do ya??
Get It Grillin', Michael!!
every day, every week, every month all year long!
Yeah, I was buying it 5 bags at a time (free shipping to my front door), and thought I would be good just doing that ever month or so, but now I am using it for specific cooks. In total between Weber, RO Chefs Select, and RO lump I have over 200 lbs of charcoal which does me perfect for my 3 to 5 times a week grilling. Please know my last post was in complete fun.

Michael that is a lot of charcoal grilling for me anyway. I probably use about 4 bags or so a year maybe less so the Weber has a long way to go. I got a Silver C so that probably gets used 3 times a week.

I really like RO Chef Select, it is not as good as Weber, but the closest I have found. RO Chef's Select is my daily charcoal now as I use my little bit of Weber for specific/special cooks. I tried B&B and was really disappointed, broke up into pieces as soon as I poured it from the chimney and just didn't find it to be a good product at all. Now I got two bags at the same time, maybe it was a bad batch, but I wouldn't go back to it or KBB, especially since I am really lucky to have a local BBQ shop that sells RO Chef's Select at a great price ($25 for a 50 lb bag) year round.

My local Lowes just started stocking the B&B lump and briquets so you might check there.

I'm lucky, my local Ace started carrying B+B in both the standard oak (brown bag) as well as hickory (green bag.)

I'll go through 20 lbs. a month easily, I grill at least once a week on the average, and smoke once or twice a month (about 1.5 lbs/hr there.)

Back