Weber Charcoal

Comments and replies must have gotten mixed up. I was talking about Weber brand charcoal, not Kingsford Pro. I pickup a 2-pack of K-Pro whenever I go to Costco.

Weber charcoal is the one that is much harder to find these days.
Yes I probably confused myself I am 67 was making sure that Michael new that he could get the K-Pro at Ace when you already knew that and yes Costco is the go to but they don't have charcoal this time of year.

Here is the link to the Facebook post Bob mentioned.

fb://photo/10158169060503422?set=a.149911003421&sfnsn=mo

Not sure why it came through with such an unusual link, maybe because I'm using the Facebook app.

Anyways, maybe if we get a while bunch of people to comment on facebook that we'd like to see Weber start selling the charcoal again it would make them at least consider it.

Thanks Bill!

I also suggested that people comment on the photo in one of my Facebook grilling clubs and it went from 14 comments and not it's at 67+ comments. Haha, hopefully people keep posting about wanting it back.

Just grabbed 4 bags of Weber Briquettes yesterday. Opened one up today and the charcoal briquettes are about the same size as all other briquettes and not the larger Weber ones anymore. Don’t know if I got a crappy bag or the new product will be the same size as all other charcoal now

Ooo, Ooo! Just found three bags on eBay.

Oh, my. Only $110 per bag plus $14 shipping. Not in my budget. Besides, it's made with coconut shells.

Apparently we've found the one not-so-nice Canadian. I hope your Molsons go flat and your Tim Hortonses are stale, hoser!;)

But even if it's readily available, don't take it for granted. Keep a goodly supply on hand.

That made me laugh. I was thinking about how bad it would look if I bought some, divvied it up into smaller envelopes and shipped it off to you fellas.

In all honesty, I’ve never tried the Weber briquettes, but I’ll pick up a bag and give em’ a whirl.

Last edited:
Just grabbed 4 bags of Weber Briquettes yesterday. Opened one up today and the charcoal briquettes are about the same size as all other briquettes and not the larger Weber ones anymore. Don’t know if I got a crappy bag or the new product will be the same size as all other charcoal now
I just got home with a few bags of Weber and KBB and had a look too. While the size differences are not astronomical, they are quite noticeable.

68AA1EED-9EC1-4628-B83E-1A352838638C.jpeg0DC41053-3FCC-4794-834D-DC7351CEBF42.jpeg4FC8BAC0-2830-47FE-ABF7-FEEA81E7D639.jpegCBCF8B56-E782-4B9C-9802-45B318048BEE.jpeg

I think the love came later, when it was deeply discounted.
Not many were loving it enough to pay a buck a pound.
I've got a 40 lb. bag of Chef's Select coming from Amazon. Not cheap at $32, but free Prime shipping and no sales tax.
Haven't burned any since several years ago, before it had Ridges. I'll do a write up once I've given it a go.

Back