Weber charcoal grill with front handle, lid hinge and side two shelves. What is the model? Anyone have one they want sell?

I had a redhead Platypus at one time. Loved finding it. Although because of the lid that slides back into the lid holder, they put the vent on the top in the center of the lid and with the coals in the center and the vent in the center I just always felt like it never got as hot as a normal kettle. I don't think the airflow was as good since the heat would go straight up and out. Just my opinion. I definitely loved having it, though.

They're officially known as the Onetouch Platinum. There's a section of this forum dedicated to old Weber Catalogs. I know it's in the 2011 one.

I had a redhead Platypus at one time. Loved finding it. Although because of the lid that slides back into the lid holder, they put the vent on the top in the center of the lid and with the coals in the center and the vent in the center I just always felt like it never got as hot as a normal kettle. I don't think the airflow was as good since the heat would go straight up and out. Just my opinion. I definitely loved having it, though.
I will not even use the kettle that comes with it. I just need the actual frame to install a 26” Glen
They're officially known as the Onetouch Platinum. There's a section of this forum dedicated to old Weber Catalogs. I know it's in the 2011 one.

thank you for the info

There's a section of this forum dedicated to old Weber Catalogs. I know it's in the 2011 one.
Looks like 2012 was the last year for this grill.

You may want to check out member @Gary S build of a OTP frame to accommodate a 26” kettle:

Gary had pipe bent to accommodate the larger kettle. I considered a similar build before settling on Steve Porter’s ranch frame modification for my 26. Here are a few pictures Gary sent me when we were discussing the OTP style frame62D1AF9B-57D3-46F3-A4CE-5E61AFDB4A5E.jpegDA385FC7-D970-463B-B7F2-96D327D376E8.jpeg
Based on the side by of the 2 kettles I wonder if the 22” OTP frame would accommodate the 26” kettle without modification…

here is one for $150 in valley springs CA

310910782_5599077580184378_5114549887223254629_n.jpg

link please!!!

You may have to scroll to the bottom to restart at page one.

Back