Weber 5000 in Bainbridge, NY

Always reminds me of the stereo cabinet I had in college in the early 1980s!

Not all that practical, but so very cool :coolkettle: . It is amazing that any of these have survived this long. My stereo cabinet glass didn't even make it out of my dorm intact when I graduated.

Always reminds me of the stereo cabinet I had in college in the early 1980s!

Not all that practical, but so very cool :coolkettle: . It is amazing that any of these have survived this long. My stereo cabinet glass didn't even make it out of my dorm intact when I graduated.
In college I had cinderblock and wood. It wasn't until after college I got my first job I could get a proper cabinet with glass doors;-)

I am pretty sure mine was ala K-Mart. After I broke the glass, I pioneered the "open cart" look and continued to use it for a number of years. :cool:

About 3 years ago in the ATL there was one for sale with the Gray lid it was nat gas and kept in a screened in porch and covered. They wanted $50 for it had a few projects going at the time showed it to my wife probably should have just grabbed it but the thing is glad I did not she thought the thing just looked hideous. She hated the lid color and just did not get the glass doors.

Like others I had a glass stereo cabinet many years ago to many to count.

About 3 years ago in the ATL there was one for sale with the Gray lid it was nat gas and kept in a screened in porch and covered. They wanted $50 for it had a few projects going at the time showed it to my wife probably should have just grabbed it but the thing is glad I did not she thought the thing just looked hideous. She hated the lid color and just did not get the glass doors.

Like others I had a glass stereo cabinet many years ago to many to count.
Brian,
That light gray hood with red stripes does some getting used to...I have a dream for making one of those look more appealing. Probably will never get to it, though.

I wonder what’s going to happen on Wednesday at 12:00?

F537C9BA-824D-41E7-A749-1545D25BA285.jpeg
Asteroid strike?

Sorry, I do not now nor have I ever Face booked, so maybe it’s common knowledge.

Just thought it was humorous.

Not sure about this "5000"

No Flame Check Button-
Durawood shelves and Lid Handle-
Platinum Lid-

Looks like someone cobbled together a couple grills to make one.

Jeff

Not sure about this "5000"

No Flame Check Button-
Durawood shelves and Lid Handle-
Platinum Lid-

Looks like someone cobbled together a couple grills to make one.

Jeff
It looks pretty legit to me, I've seen pictures of these before. It's just a late 90's model, no flame check. The platinum series models came with durawood, so that lines up. Here's a picture of one that was for sale by me last year.Screenshot_20220804-200206_Chrome.jpg

Steve,

You might be right, I know Weber made a Platinum 3400 series with glass doors back in the day too. While not a 5000 model it is a rare find.

Jeff

Yah, they made them over a span of years and probably changed some options as they did with the rest of the Genesis 1000-5000 line up.

Steve,

You might be right, I know Weber made a Platinum 3400 series with glass doors back in the day too. While not a 5000 model it is a rare find.

Jeff
OK, you're just saying it isn't a 5000, it's 3400. That point I certainly won't argue because I really have a hard time keeping that straight.

Back