Weber #3 In My Life

Steve Sangalli

Steve from Illinois. First Weber was in 1982. It was a round gas kettle purchased in the middle of winter from a department store. I assume it was a rare item since I can't seem to find any sign it ever existed on the internet. Had a pop up at bottom to go either direct or indirect cook. It was a good grill and wife #1 kept it in divorce. Since the split left me poor and I needed a grill I bought the cheapest Charbroil I could find and grilled crap for a few years. Came into some overtime pay and bought another Weber in the mid 1990's. 3 burner Silver (photo) and have cooked on it rain/shine or snow ever since. It has been great and has been triaged along as needed but last week I was remodeling a rental house for Dad and noticed this across the street at the curb. I struck gold. Rang door and spoke to the lady/widow who assured me that yes take it. Would not take any money. It's a beautiful redhead model EO112022 model 210000 grill from 1995 that was barely used and taken great care of. Just waiting for ACME adaptor since it had the quick connect regulator fitting and it will either replace or add to the current lineup of Weber, electric smoker and Blackstone on deck. May need a bigger deck. LOL Thanks for the acceptance after many years of lurking and learning here. Silver Weber.jpgRedhead Weber.jpg

Wow that’s an awesome score! Looks to be in real nice shape. Congrats and welcome.

Oh, re: gas kettle. More uncommon than rare, who knows how many were made but the production run was roughly a decade or so. They even got fancy and offered a wooden cart a la Sequoia towards the end of production. I’d like to get one just to try and say I have.

Wow that’s an awesome score! Looks to be in real nice shape. Congrats and welcome.

Oh, re: gas kettle. More uncommon than rare, who knows how many were made but the production run was roughly a decade or so. They even got fancy and offered a wooden cart a la Sequoia towards the end of production. I’d like to get one just to try and say I have.
After some more looking I did find the catalog from years back that showed the gas kettle. I did whole turkeys on it. It was a nice one for a newbie. Hooked me on Weber brand for life. Mine was black, wood kettle lid handle and as I said the mushroom pop up for direct cook.

The Redhead must of been early model. It has the 8 short and 5 long flavor bars. They are in good shape but looks like when the time comes to replace I'll need to break out a $100 bill. :D

Total score! That red head looks mint.
It is actually. Got a new ACME to tank on porch today. Put it on and it fired up first click. I need to get a few fasteners for the gas knob side to properly secure to frame ( plastic plugs look never installed) and tomorrow I cook on it.

Back