Weber 22 1/2 One Touch Gold in Crimson

Curt Davis

TVWBB Super Fan
Santa came a little early at my house and brought a beautiful new 22 1/2 OTG in the awesome new crimson color(Roll Tide). This is to "replace" my trusty old unit that I got in 2000 which was my first grill. I had to order from Ace Hardware because that was the only place that carried them. Now for some pics.

The color is a little browner than expected and is more of a satin finish and less glossy than expected but I still like it. And yes there are 7 stockings in the background(5 kids in my house. Here is an outside shot of the lid and thermometer. I also like the addition of the second handle on the body.

Here is an action shot. It got up to 500 F quickly with one chimney of coal. Sorry for the glare.

[/URL

Also my first cook was some good ol burgers. I took this pic at the turn. Sorry no plated pics.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/naos.jpg/]

And finally to all my TVWBB Friends

Nice lookin grill, congrat's. One question does it change colour when heated like the old style red heads ??

It does not appear to change color but it peaked at 500 F. I need to try lump or pick up some k comp. the satin finish is really growing on me as well. This grill has some definite upgrades from my older version.

Congrats on the new grill. I don't see this color on Weber's website. I'm I missing something?

It apparently is for certain dealers only. I had to order it through ace. It can now be found on Amazon through a third party reseller. They announced the color in the fall but it never showed up on there site so I called them and they stated the special colors are not always shown. I have the Genesis in Espresso and it does not show up on their either and is only available at Lowes to the best of my knowledge.

That is a beauty! That second photo makes it look like the old reds when they are heated up. Definitely on the "modern grails" list..

I do like the color. Thanks for the comments. I am now looking for a magnetic white A for the lid. I have watched it during cooking and it appears to stay the same color.

curt. thanks man! ive wanted a crimson kettle for my collection also but heard that in 2014 it would only be available as a performer. thanks to your post I went ahead and called my local Ace Hdwr and was able to order one too. just came in today. I agree, the color was different than I thought too - but hell I like it just the same. could weber have meant Indiana Univ crimson instead of Bama Tide crimson?

thanks again and apprec you posting the story/pics.

don't lift the lid...

I will still call it Bama crimson. Glad my post helped. When do we get to see pics of yours in action?

Back