We need a gas grill t-shirt

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Any design ideas? I can throw a few bucks at getting it all professional-like if we come up with a design concept, tagline or slogan, etc. Probably cannot include the full-blown Weber logo due to copyright.

I'd like to see some of the t-shirts that have been done in the past, if any, for design ideas and continuity.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some of the t-shirts that have been done in the past, if any, for design ideas and continuity.
You might be sorry you asked. :D

I have several available for sale here, only one of which is specfic to the TVWBB forum: https://represent.com/store/the-virtual-weber-bullet-merchandise

And all of these have been offered at some point in time, most for our annual WSM Smoke Day event over the past 16 years. None of which are specific to gas grills.

In no particular order:

10th anniversary on white.jpg

bestdoggone.jpg

butcher5.jpg

buythebest_cp.jpg

caveman_cp.jpg

caveman_jealous_cp.jpg

double_bullet.jpg

grillfest3_onwhite.jpg

if_you_smoke_it.jpg

slogans_cp.jpg

Continued...

Yah, I was thinking about this, but I just don't have the imagination or talent to come up with something cool. I am looking forward to some suggestions from others however.

I'm grateful that you see the humor! But it bothers me that some people struggle, so it's a little too dark for me...of course, you are free to do as you like!

I know we can't use the Weber logo, but do you think we can get by with a graphic of an early Genesis?

I am still tinkering with the name I am going to use. I have been toying with "This Old Grill," but finally decided that the name and my logo were just too close for comfort to This Old House. I sure don't need a "Cease and Desist" letter from Norm Abram!

My new idea is "My Old Grill." I don't see how anybody could object to that, but I did plan on using the graphic of a Weber grill, It will be small enough that the Weber logo will be completely unreadable:

weber extended clip art.gif

If we PhotoShopped out the entire logo, do you think we could use this on a TVWBB Gas Grill T-Shirt?

I know we can't use the Weber logo, but do you think we can get by with a graphic of an early Genesis?

I am still tinkering with the name I am going to use. I have been toying with "This Old Grill," but finally decided that the name and my logo were just too close for comfort to This Old House. I sure don't need a "Cease and Desist" letter from Norm Abram!

My new idea is "My Old Grill." I don't see how anybody could object to that, but I did plan on using the graphic of a Weber grill, It will be small enough that the Weber logo will be completely unreadable:

View attachment 10366

If we PhotoShopped out the entire logo, do you think we could use this on a TVWBB Gas Grill T-Shirt?
How about ...

"My kind of girl grill" to go with that image?

Chris, why not contact Weber to see if they would allow this one off? Companies and products love additional exposure. I like the images above and of course they are charcoal and smoker oriented but would really like to see the Weber logo incorporated if possible. However Weber does have their own line of apparel so I guess it might be a conflict. I understand no one wants any legal trouble. (My preferences are Smoke Day IV and XII logos.) The designs are limitless. I would recommend asking questions as to what type of message you want to get across, which would give you an idea of imagery. Is this a general Weber gas grill tee? I also recommend the simpler the better, images that are too busy loose effectiveness. A good example are the racing or event shirts that are filled with a huge amount of artwork. Those are way too busy for me. However I am a minimalist. Silk screen is better quality than printed and make sure you have a good quality shirt like Hanes or FTL Beefy T. Fun topic here!

Back