Wanted: Weber Genesis 1000 Rocker Switch Assembly

J Rip

I’m restoring a 98 Genesis and am in need of a rocker switch assembly (including the rectangular bracket). I believe the original part was 92510 (switch) and 92515 (bracket). I would alternatively be interested in the newer, but compatible, version (Part 87456). I can’t seem to find any available online. Thanks very much.

I wish you would have seen my thread about new ones for sale on eBay a few days ago. The guy had four genesis rockers and bezels. He also had the newer rounded style which I also think was discontinued. Anyway, I'm sure someone has a decent used one they will part with.

I checked out the ones Steve mentioned above and the same seller had a set of 3 decent used ones in a separate auction at the time. Might be worth a look to see if they’re still available.

Thanks very much, all! Samuel, If you’re willing to sell one of your rockers/bezels and a set of the knobs, I’d be very interested. Send me a message with what you want plus shipping.

Newbie here, found the forum while looking for the unavailable rocker switch assembly. Do you still have one you would be willing to part with? Thanks, Mike
If not you can 3D print your own at a library. It cost me under $4. Here are the files

Attachments

• Weber Igniter button.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 14
If not you can 3D print your own at a library. It cost me under $4. Here are the files
Hey Joe, you have an update on how that worked out for you? Has the PLA held up ok?

For background, we chewed thru this topic a while back:

Last edited:
Hey Joe, you have an update on how that worked out for you? Has the PLA held up ok?

No long term update - I think I sold it off with a grill. It did work fine after a little trimming.

Thanks for sharing Joe and Ed. I went to my computer a few days ago to get one of my tasks off my list: "obtain new ignitor rocker switch assembly" and LOL I came across this thread on printing them. It was too much to digest at the moment, but I have since read it. If nothing more simple materializes for me, I suppose taking some files to a library is an option. Bottom line: that task is turning out to be sticky on my list. : o

Thanks for sharing Joe and Ed. I went to my computer a few days ago to get one of my tasks off my list: "obtain new ignitor rocker switch assembly" and LOL I came across this thread on printing them. It was too much to digest at the moment, but I have since read it. If nothing more simple materializes for me, I suppose taking some files to a library is an option. Bottom line: that task is turning out to be sticky on my list. : o
Your welcome. Call your library and ask. I was able to email the files in and they emailed back when it was done to pick it up. Could not be easier. Your mileage may vary.

I have spent little time in libraries over the last ten years. Do most of them offer this service now?

I just looked up my local library and found this:

Rules for 3D Printing
  • Printing is free! There is no charge for materials or time, though donations are welcome.
  • You may print one project per month, print time not to exceed four hours per library card.
  • You must have a current El Dorado County Library card, in good standing, to print or to pick up a completed project. Need a card? Download the adult application or the children's application and bring it to the library during open hours with a valid photo identification.
  • All print projects must be approved by a 3D Print Lab library staff member or volunteer.
  • The library reserves the right to refuse any print requests.
  • You may not use the Library's 3D printers to print:
    • material prohibited by law or by library 3D Print Lab guidelines
    • weapons, weapon parts, or weapon models
    • inappropriate content
    • print jobs exceeding allotted time, depending on library branch

Nothing on my library web site or the overall Library System web site. Bummer.

Back