Wanted: Weber Genesis 1000 Rocker Switch Assembly

J Rip

I’m restoring a 98 Genesis and am in need of a rocker switch assembly (including the rectangular bracket). I believe the original part was 92510 (switch) and 92515 (bracket). I would alternatively be interested in the newer, but compatible, version (Part 87456). I can’t seem to find any available online. Thanks very much.

I wish you would have seen my thread about new ones for sale on eBay a few days ago. The guy had four genesis rockers and bezels. He also had the newer rounded style which I also think was discontinued. Anyway, I'm sure someone has a decent used one they will part with.

I checked out the ones Steve mentioned above and the same seller had a set of 3 decent used ones in a separate auction at the time. Might be worth a look to see if they’re still available.

Thanks very much, all! Samuel, If you’re willing to sell one of your rockers/bezels and a set of the knobs, I’d be very interested. Send me a message with what you want plus shipping.

If not you can 3D print your own at a library. It cost me under $4. Here are the files
Hey Joe, you have an update on how that worked out for you? Has the PLA held up ok?

For background, we chewed thru this topic a while back:

Last edited:
Hey Joe, you have an update on how that worked out for you? Has the PLA held up ok?

No long term update - I think I sold it off with a grill. It did work fine after a little trimming.

Thanks for sharing Joe and Ed. I went to my computer a few days ago to get one of my tasks off my list: "obtain new ignitor rocker switch assembly" and LOL I came across this thread on printing them. It was too much to digest at the moment, but I have since read it. If nothing more simple materializes for me, I suppose taking some files to a library is an option. Bottom line: that task is turning out to be sticky on my list. : o

Thanks for sharing Joe and Ed. I went to my computer a few days ago to get one of my tasks off my list: "obtain new ignitor rocker switch assembly" and LOL I came across this thread on printing them. It was too much to digest at the moment, but I have since read it. If nothing more simple materializes for me, I suppose taking some files to a library is an option. Bottom line: that task is turning out to be sticky on my list. : o
Your welcome. Call your library and ask. I was able to email the files in and they emailed back when it was done to pick it up. Could not be easier. Your mileage may vary.

I have spent little time in libraries over the last ten years. Do most of them offer this service now?

I just looked up my local library and found this:

Rules for 3D Printing
  • Printing is free! There is no charge for materials or time, though donations are welcome.
  • You may print one project per month, print time not to exceed four hours per library card.
  • You must have a current El Dorado County Library card, in good standing, to print or to pick up a completed project. Need a card? Download the adult application or the children's application and bring it to the library during open hours with a valid photo identification.
  • All print projects must be approved by a 3D Print Lab library staff member or volunteer.
  • The library reserves the right to refuse any print requests.
  • You may not use the Library's 3D printers to print:
    • material prohibited by law or by library 3D Print Lab guidelines
    • weapons, weapon parts, or weapon models
    • inappropriate content
    • print jobs exceeding allotted time, depending on library branch

Back