Want a sample of BBQrs Delight Smoking Pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori,
Maybe you should ask Santa for a WSM for Christmas?
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Lori,
Maybe you should ask Santa for a WSM for Christmas?
icon_wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I did yesterday, but my Santa said that he only delivers in the spring... BUT, better yet, tomorrow's my birthday, so I might be able to whine enough to get one sooner!
icon_razz.gif

Jack Daniels
Pecan
Pecan, if Candy'll double up, if not, her choice!

Thanks Candy Clause (and her little elf Keri)!

Heeheehee... well, I too have been known to invoke the Candy Clause upon occasion, especially when I'm running low on smoke generation material!
icon_biggrin.gif

Keri C, newly promoted to Elf, 1st Class.
(Uh, better make that Elf, 2nd class... I haven't earned my curly-toed shoes yet.)

Lori in the meantime check out the Blue Ridge Pig great BBQ and killer coleslaw !! it was in nellysford VA and a must go to when I go to visit family 100 miles away.

I asked for a sample of J.D., Sugar Maple, pecan. Hope it gets here soon so I can try it and put it on the wish list. Any Idea how long it takes to get the samples?

Thanks for a great tip. I have been wanting to try some different smoke. I ordered JD, Pecan and alder. Since alder wasn't on the page Keri C pointed to I gave orange as a sub to the alder.

I done some salmon last week but only had apple and cherry in my stash. I would love to try alder since everyone seems to rave about it on slamon.

Thanks to Candy Sue (Santa) also.
icon_wink.gif

Jeff
Out here in the Pacific NW alder grows in soggy areas, we have a few.
Alder is very mild, we use apple and cherry.
Jim

Candy Sue, got my care package from you on Friday - THANKS! As soon as I give them a try, I'll report back. I think I'm gonna like it.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks again.

Heads up. The pellets are available in 10 lb bags. They are not listed on the web site. Not all flavors are available in 10 lb bags but many are.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

I talked to someone I know who is a botnist. I think that is spelled right. Anyhow he said that alder would grow here but it is not native. I will have to look into what they look like.

I have a question concerning these pelets. They say the single use will supply smoke for an hour. If I am doing a 16 hour brisket I will get the same flavor only having smoke for an hour. Maybe I am reading more into this than there is.

The Altoids can is a great idea. Is anybody worried about the paint and coatings on the metal box?

Bryan, what is the cost of the 10 pounder?

I am going to put a couple of these items on my christmas list. I was thinking about the variety pack but a couple of them I have great local access to and a couple I don't like.

I would burn the paint off before using. I imagine that on a hot grill the paint would burn off before you put the meat on. Probably not on the WSM.
Throw it on top of the charcoal chimney when you light your charcoal. Grab it out with tongs and put it in a bucket of water to cool it off. Dry the inside and put your pellets in.

Got my samples of orange, sassafras, and sugar maple yesterday!! Can't wait to try them.

Thank you Candy.

Kevin G.

Thank you to Keri and Candy for the free sample of pellets. I recieved my sugar maple, pecan and oak a few days ago. Used the oak packet on my BRITU ribs and chicken. Thanks again for the generous offer. I'll be ordering some in the near future.

Want to chime in Christmas greetings, and thanks, for Keri & Candy's pellet promotion. In a note to Candy I described my q/grilling style and let the pro pick.

My packets of Orange, Savory Herb & Jack Daniel's just arrived.

Will be a smokin' holiday!

This is for Bryan S...We do have a food-grade pellet in 20# bags BUT it isn't the same as the samples y'all are getting. This is a blended pellet to be used in pellet-fired grills like Traeger or Fast Eddy pits. Now, with that caveat, there's no reason you can't use 20# pellets just like the 100% pellets. Our blend is 34/66 flavorwood to oak. You'd have to use more to get the same intensity in smoke flavor. IMO, mesquite/oak blended pellets I prefer to the 100% mesquite. It's a kinder, gentler mesquite flavor, not so in-your-face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back